• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The a Little Frightened Wild Bird

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
1599697119227.jpeg

this is a migrating yellow warbler my daughter is holding. The bird was almost attacked by a Magpie. It flew to her windowsill and was very frightened and cold. Outside my daughter offered the bird her warm hands and it jumped right in and climbed to her shoulder. She has had encounters like this before with the wild birds. She feeds them well too.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Poor baby! I'm glad that your daughter is a "bird whisperer" and that she helped out the warbler.:heart::heart:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
My daughter said since the Colorado fires people are finding confused and dead birds everywhere. The migrating birds especially are confused since the weather went from 90 degrees to 30 degrees with snow in 24 hours. one neighbor who left garage open found a flock of birds in the garage. I feel so bad for them. Many are flying into windows too.

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Maybe that is why some birds flew into a garage. Its just not fair to our wildlife to have them suffering from fires humans start. Everyone is effected on the west coast and inward in one way or another.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
My daughter has written a letting to the National Autobon Society about what is happening to the migrating bir

National Audubon Society
·

Writing a message to you on behalf of residents in approx. 40 mile radius of Aspen, CO....many are seeing large numbers of “yellow warblers” and perhaps other species, probably on migration routes, acting very disoriented, flying into windows, traffic, garages, houses, and even dying in disturbingly large numbers. Thousands? Residents seeing 1-25 in each yard. Might cause be heavy smoke or the massive cold front, low temps, and wind? (One report prior to cold front.) We are losing so many precious birds!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Here in the Sierras I have heard people talking about finding dead birds in their yards. Seems like the extreme heat and fires would most likely be playing a roll. It breaks my heart.:(

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
There is some good news in that today she told me the migrating birds are eating and flitting around her yard like all is OK now. She did not get any response from all the agencies she sent her message to last week.