• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Thanksgiving treat

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
What do you let your fid have as a special treat today. I let cheeky have a few bites of pumpkin pie. Mmmmmm

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
I dont give any treat food but I give them bird treats :)

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
My senior cat Sophie got a few bites of pork from last nights fried rice and a slice of bologna haha she’s old, she can have whatever she wants. My birds will get a whole nutriberrie to themselves

LexBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
-Lex-
I made Bella a mini pie! I cut a piece of apple to look just like a pie crust! I filled it with millet, seeds, and apples. That way her treat, she loved it :)

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Last night when I was making cranberries, I gave Jade a walnut, which she threw on the floor, a small piece of orange which she smashed around in her beak for a bit before losing interest, and two cranberries that ultimately got smushed up in some water and fed from a syringe :) today she'll get a little bit of sweet potato (plain, just baked in the oven).

Edit: oh yeah also I offered her pumpkin seeds but she hates them in all forms and throws them on the floor as though they personally have insulted her :lol:

Bee on TikTok

20221123_215103.jpg
20221123_215303.jpg
20221123_215411.jpg
20221123_215537.jpg

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
I just gave them a little spray millet before I went to my son's

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
Max got a bit of crust off of a guest’s piece of pumpkin pie. She offered and he gladly accepted :rolleyes: Hiccup got some apple slivers and a couple of safflower seeds from another Friendsgiving guest. All in all a good night was had by all:xflove:

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I made Jade a little treat, I cut up a few cranberries, an almond and quarter of a walnut, and mixed it with a little bit of ceylon cinnamon and then added the sweet potato, she really liked it! She ate at least half of it so I consider that a success!

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
Hope everyone had a nice holiday. As it turns out cheeky preferred the sweet potatoe casserole to pumpkin pie. Last Year she liked the pumpkin. A tiny bit of sweet stuff for special occasions is not going to hurt