• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

"Thank you" would have been nicer! OUCH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
So I spent the afternoon driving down to NY state to pick up a new cage for Quack (only this one is probably for Darwin & hers will come later in a different colour). Got it home - 3 huge heavy boxes, got 2 in with the dolly, the 3rd biggest one I had to drag because it was too wide to fit through the door on the dolly. Can't set them up because of the stinky bird room floor that will have to be ripped out (see other thread). So I put them in the dining room for now. I went upstairs to the bird room & called my mom. While I was at UPS I was missing one box but there was one for someone with my mom's name. I tried to call her but couldn't get her so left the package in case it wasn't hers. I tried her at the cottage when I got home to ask if she had ordered anything. It was hers but while I was on the phone, I started taking dirty paper out of the bottom of Quack's cage. She picked up her big stainless water bowl & dumped it almost on my head, water everywhere. While I was cleaning that up she started to do the same thing with her pellet bowl, so I opened an upper door for her to come out. She came around to the bottom where I was reaching in & got on the edge of the little door like she often does. The little voice inside my head said I shouldn't reach my arm in there while she was so close on the door but of course, I did anyway. She jumped on my back and had a beakful of the flesh of the back of my shoulder. She wouldn't let go. I finally pried her off and she flew into Darwin's cage. I got her back on her cage. I forget what happened next but she ended up going for my shoulder again (I was off the phone by this time). So she got put back in her cage.

Darwin was nice enough to come snuggle with me & give kisses to make me feel better. :o: My shoulder is throbbing. :(

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:hug8:ouweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....but I can't help laughing just a bit..

SunUp

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
:eek: Sounds painful! Naughty little Quack! Lil' stinker...:hehe:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
And we still love them even if they take a chunk out of us (big or small).:shocking:

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
Ouch! Perhaps, if you weren't doing all that for her, she would have taken a bigger chunk. :cool:

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Ouch!

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I forgave her after a couple of hours, let her out and she acted like nothing happened. :rolleyes: Bad phone talking mommy!

Status
Not open for further replies.