• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Thank You Teckechick and Seriously Nutz!

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:lol: When Shezbug asks what Burt said, and he just freezes looks like ¨er, nothing¨ :rofl: Stinkin´cutie! :swoon:

BirdLady13

Sprinting down the street
He now can watch and yell at the neighbours and the wild birds in total comfort.
Sarah did an extra special order and got in a window perch for Burt.
I bet my B&G would love that window perch! Every time a car goes by he makes the cutest noises of excitement and pinches me to make sure I see it too (the bigger the vehicle the funnier his expression), and whenever a bug flies up to the window he looks at me like he’s just seen a UFO.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I bet my B&G would love that window perch! Every time a car goes by he makes the cutest noises of excitement and pinches me to make sure I see it too (the bigger the vehicle the funnier his expression), and whenever a bug flies up to the window he looks at me like he’s just seen a UFO.
Burt chases the tiny little bugs that flutter about on the window and if they are on the inside of the window he squashes them- some he will eat and others must taste or feel yuck lol. The butterflies, bees, dragonflies and tiny little wrens need to be screamed at and chased away by the big scary bird that he is lol. He does the same to the bigger birds but only when they are flying away, if they are looking at him and flying in our direction he freezes or panics till I tell him he is fine. :laugh:

He is really loving his new perch!

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I no longer take him outside with his harness as there are always massive kites circling the paddock out the back and our yard, the first time we went out in the yard here on the harness was the last time! He was being watched and it scared the both of us pretty good. They are a good size and will pick up rabbits no problems so I am not comfortable with Burt being out there. At the old place we used to go out every day and he would meet people walking past and watch the cars and little birds. No kites and wedge tail eagles there in town hardly ever.

Yes I have been told he is big and he is not fat either.... he is just under that weight, usually 1194 to 1198. I am tipping tomorrow he will be a bit less.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I no longer take him outside with his harness as there are always massive kites circling the paddock out the back and our yard, the first time we went out in the yard here on the harness was the last time! He was being watched and it scared the both of us pretty good. They are a good size and will pick up rabbits no problems so I am not comfortable with Burt being out there. At the old place we used to go out every day and he would meet people walking past and watch the cars and little birds. No kites and wedge tail eagles there in town hardly ever.

Yes I have been told he is big and he is not fat either.... he is just under that weight, usually 1194 to 1198. I am tipping tomorrow he will be a bit less.
He is flighted... he is never going to be fat. :laugh: Yah, that was my guess. 1200. Korbel is 1170 but I haven't weighed him in ages. Any drastic weight changes I can tell when I pick them up and I've had no reason to weigh him. Kailua, while she looks bigger than Korbel is only 950.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Awww Kailua is so petite lol. Where I got Burt from there were two pairs of B&G's and one pair were massive while the other pair were quite petite. Burt came from the massive pair and the breeder said he thought Burt would be bigger than his parents and he was the biggest baby he had ever had from them. He is pretty active and even though he does not have a massive open space to fly he seems to always be flying somewhere, nothing is safe from him and he is never in one place for long. His strength actually amazes me, he will take off with my tshirts and other bulky items no worries.
He had to grow into a huge head remember :laugh:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:rofl: Yah, Korbel carries LOTS of things. None of my other birds do unless it's a jump/fly to another tree. Korbel will attempt to carry off anything considered a "no no". We used to be able to have dinner with him in the room... until the day he carried off a whole pork chop. :rolleyes:

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Haha window perches are the BEST - you can spy on the whole street! Glad Burt is making good use of his!

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I want that feather he threw on the floor! What would I give for one of those long beautiful tail discards!!

He is simply amazing!! :heart: :heart:
I am pretty sure they are not allowed through customs otherwise I would happily send you one. :)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How did I miss this thread?

I like his sound better than Secret's commentary. (Working from home has disadvantages during phone calls)

Skyandkiwi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Misk
Awww! Looks like Burt enjoyed destroying his toys, lol!