• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Thank you my little friend xxx

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Big hugs and sorry for your loss. :sadhug2:

MrPlankton

Meeting neighbors
Thank you. I'm struggling to give it a place, lots of emotion going on, crying, anger, guilt, doubt. Everything makes me sad, not having him on the table for breakfast, not seeing him sitting on the doorhandle when I come downstairs, him not hanging on the chord of my sweater, him not sleeping in my hand now that I'm on the couch.
Time will have to go by to make it bearable I guess.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Even the most hands-off birds wiggle their ways in to our hearts. Having lost my own little feisty Lovebird in January, I know what that pain is like. Give yourself time to grieve and process things. It certainly sounds like your little one ruled the roost with an iron claw, much like mine did. They're absolutely wonderful, aren't they?

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Losing a beloved friend hurts so much, no matter how small or big they are. Sending lots of love :sadhug2:

MrPlankton

Meeting neighbors
Even the most hands-off birds wiggle their ways in to our hearts. Having lost my own little feisty Lovebird in January, I know what that pain is like. Give yourself time to grieve and process things. It certainly sounds like your little one ruled the roost with an iron claw, much like mine did. They're absolutely wonderful, aren't they?
Yes he was very special, he was extremely kind to both of us and had such a presence. Every single evening when I went to bed and all the lights were out, I told him "sweet dreams, Gino" and every single time he gave back a gentle chirp. I miss everything about him.
It even makes me doubt about getting another bird as I might expect the same kind of bond with it but end up disappointed.