• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Texas freeze dried products order

tattoosiva

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not for lack of trying, my guys just won't eat fresh vegetables. Fresh fruit, no problem but they only get a small portion with breakfast. We tried freeze dried years ago and they love it. Kale, beets, carrots and corn they won't touch but freeze dried they will demolish.

Between a multi pack from Nutristore on Amazon and Nuts.com, we go through a five pound mix of peas, corn, broccoli, green beans and carrots every 5 to 6 months.

My sister sent me a GC for Texas freeze dried for Christmas. I orderd:
2 quart freeze dried vegetable mix (1 regular, 1 no fruit)
1 canister Prissy puffs (made with mostly sweet potato and coconut)

IMG_20200113_1850474.jpg
The order
IMG_20200113_1852264.jpg
prissy puffs
IMG_20200113_1901137.jpg
No fruit mix
IMG_20200113_1905122.jpg
With fruit
IMG_20200113_1909446.jpg
Mixed with their regular FD mix. They seem to like, perfect size for cheeks. Small but not too small to pick up and dunk ( they are water dunkers).

Depending on my food budget, this may get added to their mix. Tomorrow is oatmeal day and will crush up a puff as a topping and see how they like.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Looks good :)

NGL, those prissy puffs just made me hungry... :o:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Make sure the products you are buying on Nuts.com do not have salt. I think they have them with no salt as well.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Have you tasted them? TX Freeze dried has yummy foods! They were too expensive for my large flock, though. Bodacious Birdie Bites sells great freeze dried foods for about half the price (or twice the volume, whichever way you want to look at it!)

I didn't taste the BBB stuff. Sorry!

tattoosiva

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Have you tasted them? TX Freeze dried has yummy foods! They were too expensive for my large flock, though. Bodacious Birdie Bites sells great freeze dried foods for about half the price (or twice the volume, whichever way you want to look at it!)

I didn't taste the BBB stuff. Sorry!
I tasted a bit, a bit bland with a vegetable taste that is strong and they are crunchy.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
My birds eat the freeze dried veggies from Texas. I like the variety in the vegetable mix, and they are the perfect size for little beaks. I mix it with their sprouts and add just a tiny amount of water. Unfortunately my girls won’t even touch the Prissy Puffs. What a great present from your sister!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I can’t quite remember, maybe 10 days. It’s not super quick, but I’ve never had an issue and it never seemed inappropriately long.