• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Terro Liquid Ant Baits

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I have an ant infestation and was wondering if this would be okay to use around Valentine. The ingredients are sugar, water and borax. The only caution is keep out of reach of children. One would be put under the kitchen sink

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've used those for years around multiple birds and never had an issue. As long as they don't have access too it then you'll be fine. I kept one about a foot away from the cage for years and they helped keep the ants at bay and were safe. Not sure if you've tried it but I've also used Cinnamon with varying success and you've got to be sure to plug any possible way for them to get in. Only once I sealed every single crack in the baseboards did I finally get rid of them and of course keeping fresh bait out. Its been almost a year ant free now and I'm so thankful because it was absolutely brutal the infestation we had.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Terro is all I use! As April said you don't want the bird to have access. It makes a sticky mess if it leaks so I definitely don't want it on my bird!

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Thanks for the replies, I am putting one under the sink. Right now in my kitchen it looks like a blue picture frame where I had to put painters tape around the window to thwart those nasty ants.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for the replies, I am putting one under the sink. Right now in my kitchen it looks like a blue picture frame where I had to put painters tape around the window to thwart those nasty ants.
That's exactly what I used as well for the cracks!

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Terro worked for us. I buy liquid and put on tiny piece of aluminum foil and put where animals and kids can't get to it.

It will draw in a zillion ants (hate 'em). Just keep refreshing it.