• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Temporary Foster for Green Cheek Conure

Rachelman

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello! I have an 18 year old who is not allowed to take his green cheek Conure to college (Bird's DOB 7/17/15) with him and it is required he live in the dorms for the first 2 years. I’m looking for a “2 year temporary” home for the bird. My son has no desire to give his bird up and my husband and I cannot take care of him while my son is away. Does anyone know anyone in the Seattle area who is willing to watch the bird (or ideally someone in a drivable distance of Washington State)? We will pay for all food, toys, and vet expenses during this time; ideally we could have a contract to ensure all of the birds' needs are met (nail trimmings, health checks, etc). As my son doesn’t have a job we couldn’t offer much payment for the “boarding” hoping a fellow bird lover will be willing to help him. Thanks for considering or sharing if you know of anyone who'd like to experience all the joys of a pet!

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I did now - thanks for looking out for me!!! :)
Have you had any luck? This is the kind of thing I would offer to do, but I moved away from the area. I hope you find someone.

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
If I was your side of the pond, I would love to!

Gav

Strolling the yard
Hello, I'm actually in the Seattle area and I've been dying to have a bird in the house again. I may be interested in speaking about an arrangement. Most of my parrot experience is with conures and I adore their feisty little selves