• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Temporary Cage

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
I know some of you read my thread before this.

Since my coworker (and her mom isnt used to that large of a beak) doesn't know too much about birds so theyre only eating pellets and not getting really any interaction right now. I thought I could maybe speed things up and bring them up here sooner
I do have a friend with an extra cage thats 36x36x70. We are converting a whole room for a possible birdroom for them until we do/if we find owners. Would that be too small for them to be in for 2-3 weeks or so while we rip everything apart? I know it would be too small permanently but would it be so bad temporarily? Sorry if it's a stupid question!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Them?? How many macaws is there?

Are those cage measurements in cms?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I am not certain but that is a similar size to the sleep cage I got for Burt which he hates and will not go in as it is too small. He looks awful in there and is very limited in his ability to move or play while in there ......we do not use it for this reason.
I am sure others may have no issues with that size but again I am not really certain.

From what I can find online (the smallest listed recommendation) the size you have is much smaller than the recommended minimum size of 65 (w) x 30 (d) x 75 (h).

Burt has a cage much larger than this smallest recommended size and to be honest it is still too small for him to be in there for any length of time and he often gets grumpy with his tail getting stuck on toys perches and bars. He uses every mm of the space in there and thankfully I am home nearly all day every day so he is out more than he is in there.

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
So the answer is wake up a little earlier and get workin? I'm on it!
I am not certain but that is a similar size to the sleep cage I got for Burt which he hates and will not go in as it is too small. He looks awful in there and is very limited in his ability to move or play while in there ......we do not use it for this reason.
I am sure others may have no issues with that size but again I am not really certain.

From what I can find online (the smallest listed recommendation) the size you have is much smaller than the recommended minimum size of 65 (w) x 30 (d) x 75 (h).

Burt has a cage much larger than this smallest recommended size and to be honest it is still too small for him to be in there for any length of time and he often gets grumpy with his tail getting stuck on toys perches and bars. He uses every mm of the space in there and thankfully I am home nearly all day every day so he is out more than he is in there.