• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tattoos anyone got any bird tattoos ?

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have got a few pieces of ink over the years the last three i got in Thailand bamboo tattoo no pain whatsoever was planning on another in Thailand next January but doesnt look like we are going to be able to go there from the UK :banghead:l so im gonna go under the tattoo gun and feel like a cat is scratching me for a while.
I sort of have a idea of what the tattoo is gonna be but will speak to the tattoo artist as well.
It will be a bird type tattoo no portraits though.

The inlays on my guitar are class so would like throw some inlay bits.
Anyways show us your bird tats 20210323_165534.jpg

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
I've planned a few for a loooong time but the only artist I'm interested in is Noel'le Longhaul, and I don't know if she'll still be tattooing by the time I'm ready! I haven't seen many bird tattoos I like, so I'm always interested in seeing more, especially when people get portraits of their own birds <3

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´ve mulled over having some lovebirds inked on me. I don´t have any bird related tattoos at the moment, only my dogs pawprint and words. I did think of doing the birds prints but I don´t thnk enough detail will show to be able to tattoo it to scale.
I did vow I wouldn´t get more colour tattoos, but maybe I would, I don´t know. I´m allergic to purple. I don´t know how lovebirds would look in greyscale.

I´d love to see the design you come up with :)

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I´ve mulled over having some lovebirds inked on me. I don´t have any bird related tattoos at the moment, only my dogs pawprint and words. I did think of doing the birds prints but I don´t thnk enough detail will show to be able to tattoo it to scale.
I did vow I wouldn´t get more colour tattoos, but maybe I would, I don´t know. I´m allergic to purple. I don´t know how lovebirds would look in greyscale.

I´d love to see the design you come up with :)
I have just done a rough design of sorts thanks to my grandchildren i could only get my hands on a 2b and hb pencil.
It will be in colour all off my tattoos are pretty much black with the odd bit of colour so i would like something colourfull.
I have e mailed a local tattoo artist that does good work but hopefully ( depending on travel restrictions ) i will be getting it done by tattoo artist who done my last three pieces if we are able to travel toThailand next January they dont use a gun they use bamboo and it's a completely different experience.

I like the design but need to resize and sharpen it up the circle in the back ground was meant to be the sun :banghead: but then the bird design got a bit big so my thoughts i move the sun to the top right and then i will add in some bird's based on the inserts on the fretboard of my guitar in black over the sun.

20210920_185428.jpg

Gonna get myself a couple of pencils and some fine line ink pens and have another go need to work on the left wing it's a bit to fat and chunky.

Im pretty happy with the first draught though.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've planned a few for a loooong time but the only artist I'm interested in is Noel'le Longhaul, and I don't know if she'll still be tattooing by the time I'm ready! I haven't seen many bird tattoos I like, so I'm always interested in seeing more, especially when people get portraits of their own birds <3
Just googled her tremendous work but not my thing but a absolute artist.

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
Just googled her tremendous work but not my thing but a absolute artist.
A-B M is an artist in Portland I really admire, too-- blackwork in etching or illustrative styles is my favorite for tattoos, hands down. I like your design! It's really bold and would show up well.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
A-B M is an artist in Portland I really admire, too-- blackwork in etching or illustrative styles is my favorite for tattoos, hands down. I like your design! It's really bold and would show up well.
Thanks for the feedback i like it but needs more work and sharpening up and need to decide on what colour and where.
Colours will be red,blue,yellow and green