• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Tarantula Population Maybe Exploded a Little

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Awww they are cute.

Can I ask a question how often if ever do they flick thier hairs. And are there any spieces that are more docile.
Only the Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (green bottle blue) kicks hairs at me so far. Are you trying to decide on a first T? There are species that are more tolerant & less likely to rush you or threaten you every two seconds

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
Only the Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (green bottle blue) kicks hairs at me so far. Are you trying to decide on a first T? There are species that are more tolerant & less likely to rush you or threaten you every two seconds
Nah just curious there was a point where I wanted one but not any more. Still find them adorable though.

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Nah just curious there was a point where I wanted one but not any more. Still find them adorable though.
Ah makes sense! I'm guessing some of the Nhandu are going to be kicking hair at me once older. They are more known for hair kicking. None of the old world's have hairs. Some of the new worlds actually don't either.

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
I forgot about these guys! I got a few Phidippus carneus, Jumping spider. They are so tiny too. Took these pictures with a macro lens zoomed in all the way.

Also, feeding videos from last night for Remus the Psalmopoeus cambridgei female! Ignore Titan the macaw in the back ground :lolsign:

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
The little C. elegans is a male & just matured out the other day! I’ll have to find a girl to send him off to meet.

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh gosh, what a little stunner!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Wow, nice photographs!

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
I still have a bunch of Ts!

H. pulchripes - New one my old one was a boy & he went off to find a girl. This one I sexed as a girl the other month!

N. incei, gold - After 3 boys I finally have a female!

P. murinus ‘Tete’ - She’s grumpy as an adult. Second photo is a threat display haha

P. sp. Arusha

P. murinus ‘RCF’

Ceratogyrus brachycephalus

Ornithoctonus aureotibialis

P. irminia

G. pulchra