• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Tanya (Mystics Mom) assisted with a hoarding situation (Disturbing Photos)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Tanya, I know you have the strength, the compassion and wisdom to get through this meeting. I hope the social worker will also be there to support and assist. Sending good thoughts your way.

:hug8:

Kaylea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kaylea
Omg.. :(

Ziggy Stardust

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jodie Reed
  1. Words fail me. So much sadness-for the innocent birds, for the weary old man and the disabled daughter. But what bothers me is the padlocks on the cages. Seeing the pictures, reading about the conditions leaves me with a dull ache in the center of my chest and despair. But people/angels on earth like Tanya, give a glimmer of hope. Children and animals should never suffer like this. And yes, I believe people who do the rescue work like Tanya are most def. angels among us.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Just got back
Will update soon
VERY SAD ...
But the ball is rollin
They will be getting some much-needed help for themselves also
Hot chocolate for you and a snuggle with a feathered dude.

lexalayne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
Oh how sad and awful.. Inhumane, yet the people involved are sad too. I usually think people should know better...

But I feel worse for the birds. Skeletal remains .. I'm shaking at this senseless, awful, torture ... Pure torture, for those poor birds. Tanya has a core of titanium, the strength of Hercules, and an emotional fortitude all her own. They have to sign them over, they just have to.

Last edited:

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Sending hugs :sadhug2:

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Tanya is emotionally exhausted. Both the father and daughter are in a nursing home, and hopefully will now get help. I guess the wife passed away in 09 and their life fell apart :(
The daughter is 48 (mentally more like 7ish) so I guess the dad would be in his 70s. The daughter kept saying she couldn't let them go because she promised her Mom to take care of them. It broke Tanya's heart but she had to get harsh with her, she showed her the pictures and told her "This is NOT taking care of them"

They left Tanya's friends surrender forms for them to look over and hopefully sign, otherwise animal control will get involved, and instead of staying with Tanya and the fosters they will go into a shelter.

BTW Tanya got the names of the birds, I can only remember that the M2 is Baby Sinclair :heart:(from The Dinosaurs)
They are all going to the Vet tomorrow, wish them well.

firdy num num

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
Thank you Tanya, I know that this depressing for you and the birds.
You are a capable, strong and big hearted person, an Angel to many creatures.
:hug8:

sgtpepper

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Raeann
In the words of Hemingway: "gradually, then suddenly".
It's not that hard. One illness to get you out of your routine and you start becoming overwhelmed. If you already have too much on your plate to begin with, how do you catch up? I saw how quickly a house can go to crap in a week...

I just came home from a week in the hospital. Totally unexpected and unplanned. My husband tried to keep up with the dogs and Pepper. Sadly, if we had much more he wouldn't be able to handle it alone.

Robyn

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
If things go well and the birds get signed over and one of them happens to be a cockatiel that needs a home let me know.

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
thank you. hopefully you can post happy landings for the birds and that they recover.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Thank you Theresa for the updates. Such a sad, sad situation. Sending prayers that the vet visit goes well and that they sign the papers.

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
Robin I have 2 of the sweetest teils (have to stay together)
Have been free flighted fully vet work up and love other teils the male is Joey he is a georgious cinnamon pied and she is a white face pied named speckles
JOEY IS SUPER LOVING
Speckles is sweet but more independent
They are looked ng for a little Bing home to spoil them as they always have been
Are you in mich
@Robyn

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
The smaller birds (Quakers 4 of them)
Are in the most need of toys perches snugges
Even if you have used you no longer use I can wash disinfect
And re do toys
I don't know if I'm allowed to do this so if not just take down
But any used toys toy parts anything I will clean disenfranchised and we will make more toys with them
11178 bare dr Clio much 48420
My phone is 8103483564
Just the out poring of love watching ms my heart
God bless you all
❤❤

Robyn

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
No I'm not unfortunately but if shipping is an option I'd take them