• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Tanya (Mystics Mom) assisted with a hoarding situation (Disturbing Photos)

alcmene

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I don't even have words for this. I'm just sobbing. Thank you Tanya. You are so humble and good that you say "I'm only doing what anybody would do." But you're not. Most people do not do what you do. We all love birds and want to do right by them, but most people don't put themselves in situations like the ones in these pictures, myself included. Every one of us here would agree that the situation shown in these photographs is horrendous. But YOU are the one actually doing something. YOU are the angel that walked in and saved those beautiful creatures. There is so much darkness in this world. Look at just this week- at Paris, at Kenya, at Syria. But you are an angel on earth Tanya. You and people like you are the ones who shine a flashlight in to all that darkness, take a deep breath, and step inside. You are leaving the world a better place then you found it. Most people aren't that strong. God bless you Tanya.

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I have no words, seeing that. Just... from the bottom of my heart, thank you for saving those you could.
:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
OMG, there are no words. Those poor babies...so much suffering....
Tanya, thank you for all that you're doing to help these precious souls.

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Thank You Tanya!! I saw it on FB this morning.. so heartbreaking! I'm glad the birds were rescued and are now in better hands!

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
Today @noon I go to a hospital facility Where dad and daughter are being kept
If you have strength to show them compassion and love is a try not to get upset about conditioned to birds were in so I can try to get them to sign over the birds
The caseworker social worker Say they've never run into a case like this they don't know what to do
Give me the strength to show them compassion and dignity
While I'm trying to get them to sign the birds
The caseworker says they are in denial and they want their birds back
The daughter has threatened suicide she's 48 but his mentality of the seven-year-old
Dad just goes along with her

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
Thank You Tanya!! I saw it on FB this morning.. so heartbreaking! I'm glad the birds were rescued and are now in better hands!
What is the FB page?

If you have strength to show them compassion and love is a try not to get upset about conditioned to birds were in so I can try to get them to sign over the birds
The caseworker social worker Say they've never run into a case like this they don't know what to do
The daughter has threatened suicide she's 48 but his mentality of the seven-year-old
Prayers up for you - strength, grace and compassion to get through to them!! What a difficult situation. Is there no legal recourse through animal welfare? I can't imagine there's a judge in this world that could see those pictures and put animals back into that situation. :( But either way, let's hope these people are capable of making the right decision. Keep us posted!!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Words fail me.

You have a heck of a task ahead of you. I've said a prayer and hope you can accomplish this. If you could talk to the dad alone you'd have a much better chance. She is a child and you are essentially taking something from her in her eyes.

It's probably easier to handle it this way and get them to consent. If they don't consent, couldn't a lawsuit allow you to keep the birds? Would a lawsuit also rip the daughter away from the dad? Once the court saw those pictures, I wouldn't think they would allow the dad to keep custody ....that home was awful.

What a nightmare. I'm so sorry.

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Tanya, may you have the strength to go through yourself with this as you are not as young as you used to be years ago.

We have to keep in mind, this is probably a case where they just had each other for a support system and with the daughter in the condition she is in, everything rested on the father as I can bet they had no other family members and the neighbors probably were not neighborly either in giving them a hand with anything and they probably got the birds years ago which did give them some happiness. When you get older and the body is showing signs of age, pains everywhere and you have a daughter that depends on you, it does take a toll on you.

What is that saying about casting the first stone? People need to see beyond the dirty cages and reason out what is happening to the people themselves to get to this point. Never judge someone until you have lived in their shoes as you yourself never knows what life will throw at each and every one of us.

Keep in mind, Tanya has run her rescue but she has had to stop taking in birds herself but I can see why she just has to help these little guys so if anyone can help give her a hand in turn, please do it, especially with giving a home to a little one in her charge already.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah

Do you have a state rep going with you Tanya? I would print the pictures of the cages they were in and print pictures of the cages they are in now. Show them what it is supposed to look like. Try that route.

If they don't sign over and it goes to trial they won't win but that could take months. :( Getting them to sign over is the easy way.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Mystic Mom there are not enough words to show you appreciation, but thank you so much. Please take care of yourself because this has got to be difficult and sometimes its the rescuers that need rescue.

Unfortunately, this happens far more than is generally know, as compulsive-obsessive animal hoarders cannot control their impulse to accept more birds into their homes - even though they have long lost the ability to properly care for them. If and when these people return to independent life they are going to need very frequent follow ups to make sure they do not return to the old ways which is usually the case.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You will Tanya, that's the person you are.

People with hoarding disorder usually don't see the problem .... at all. I pray they will sign the birds over to you and they will be able to get the help they need.

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
"Let he who is without sin cast the 1st stone" John 8:7 --- right on, Renee. We don't know what circumstances brought them all to this point. We can only do our best by those birds and show compassion to the people who are obviously in distress on many levels. It's hard not to be angry. I hope they get some help. And hope Tanya and everyone available to support her can keep those birdies safe!

If Tanya has a FB/rescue page - will someone please share it? If there is opportunity to help from a distance, I'd like to know what it is.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Here is Tanya's FB address. Facebook

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@Theresa Does Tany have a rescue FB page?

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm one of those not on Facebook........ @Macaw Lover you are totally correct, he's probably tired as all get out from trying to keep it all together. Praying that he sees the birds are better off with others. The photos said it all.

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
PJ's Parrot Place

I do believe she has closed the rescue.
Yeah, looks like it. There isn't anything on the business page. Since it's against the rules here to solicit donations, I hope there's another way for her to reach out. I'd like to do something if I can. In the meantime, prayers up and sending virtual hugs!

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Yeah, looks like it. There isn't anything on the business page. Since it's against the rules here to solicit donations, I hope there's another way for her to reach out. I'd like to do something if I can. In the meantime, prayers up and sending virtual hugs!
You can always just PM her, get an address and send what she tells you she might need help with. If you do it on your own, AA won't object, just do it privately.

Everyone always says they are grateful she has taken in so many birds, and she is so good with them, but keep in mind, they need homes, she needs to find them a home of their own. Tanya realized she needed to stop taking in birds her kindness could not turn away ones who really need her help.

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award