• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

taming birds

animalover

Jogging around the block
so I have 4 birds
1 has been tamed
3 havent

we've had the budgie pairs for more than a week but they are not showing any signs that they want to be tamed, like whenever someone is near the cage they scoot back to the corner lol.

and my cockatiel I've had him for a day and a half, Im not going to be taming him anytime soon but he clearly wants attention and I dont know how to give it to him without alarming him.

I am obviously going to be giving them more time if they are not comfortable, but I just want to know how to proceed.
any help would be great! :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Spend time sitting with them and talking to them. I even read to my cockatiel. It's away to get them used to you in a nonthreatening way. You can see if you can start hand feeding them things likes millet spray, etc.

animalover

Jogging around the block
Spend time sitting with them and talking to them. I even read to my cockatiel. It's away to get them used to you in a nonthreatening way. You can see if you can start hand feeding them things likes millet spray, etc.
okay ill try doing that to the budgies for at least an hour everyday and the budgies wont eat from anyones hands, they only eat from their bowl, as for the cockatiel, he's next to my bed because of what happened with lemon, so I talk to him and watch him all the time, to make sure hes completely healthy.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Some helpful links;

animalover

Jogging around the block
Some helpful links;

thank you! ill make sure to check those out :)

FlameFeath

Moving in
so I have 4 birds
1 has been tamed
3 havent

we've had the budgie pairs for more than a week but they are not showing any signs that they want to be tamed, like whenever someone is near the cage they scoot back to the corner lol.

and my cockatiel I've had him for a day and a half, Im not going to be taming him anytime soon but he clearly wants attention and I dont know how to give it to him without alarming him.

I am obviously going to be giving them more time if they are not comfortable, but I just want to know how to proceed.
any help would be great! :)
I have 2 budgies and 1 cockatiel. It took me 6 months to tame one of my budgies but the other one and my tiel are not tame. I've had my other budgie about 1.5 years and my cockatiel 2.5 years. My cockatiel is just terrifed of everything and I think she thinks I'm going to kill her

animalover

Jogging around the block
I have 2 budgies and 1 cockatiel. It took me 6 months to tame one of my budgies but the other one and my tiel are not tame. I've had my other budgie about 1.5 years and my cockatiel 2.5 years. My cockatiel is just terrifed of everything and I think she thinks I'm going to kill her
oh sorry I haven't updated the post in awhile, I tamed my cockatiel, he likes sleeping on my shoulder. my budgies come to our hands as soon as we stick them in the cage, in about a week or 2, we are planning to let them explore a bird safe room, not tall so we can reach them.