• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Talking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamm22

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amanda
Ocean is about 10 months old and hasnt said a word, the only thing he does is typical irn calls and such... If he never talks its fine with me. But out of curiousity, those of you who have irn's,, when did they start talking?

platinum

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sharon
Solo is three, and starting to really pick words up.

Bamm22

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amanda
Ah good,,so it may take a while... There is hope yet.. But like I said,, if he never talks thats fine,, he is an amazing super cool awesome best buddy o mine,, words or no words. :D

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
My Indian Ringneck is over a year old now and he started talking between 8-10 months old — he started with “Boppy” (his nickname), and then his next few words were, Leila, Keiko, Hi Boppy, Kiss *kissing noise* thank you. He says a few more words now, like what you doin’? and Charliee” (Cockatiel). I thought he may have picked up words way before that from a couple of my other birds that talk, but he didn’t, so I think it is just something they start doing when they are ready to.

impala400

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Yvonne
Doisy started talking at about a year old. He'll be two in March and talks non stop now. I just always repeat what I want him to say over and over and over and...;):D

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Sunny started talking at about 9-10 mos. old.

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
My boys are 8 and 9 months old. They are really trying to talk already, but haven't said anything quiet clear enough to understand yet.
Are you repeating words or phrases to him? That's what I was told I needed to do to get them to talk. My friend said to get their attention and repeat a word or phrase. Sooooo...I have been saying "I love you daddy *kiss*" to them for two months now. LOL Like I said...they are really trying to get words out...but not quite there yet.

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Chiquita started talking 5 months after I got her. I would sing her this song and one day she just blurted out the sentence.

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Repitition. I have this little song i sing to Chiquita. Now she says the song to me. I was shocked when she started picking up the words. But just keep repeating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.