• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Talking

Blanae

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brandy
So we got our B&G this last summer and have had him for about 7 months. He has adjusted very well and he is almost 9 years old. When we first got him he talked quite a bit more than he is talking now. Especially when we would take him out and about. He would say HI to everyone no they are few and far between. Also in the car he wouldn't shut up now he just dances and talks a little but not like before. And at home at bed time he used to talk alot and that has went down too. So should I be concerned. He does go thru spurts where he hollers about pretty much nothing that he never did before but it isn't constant by any means. It's usually when we get home or right away in the morning when he is impatient for his breakfast. We are trying to no reinforce his screaming by ignoring it. What do you all think? He seems pretty darn happy from what I can tell.

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Sounds normal. I adopted my CAG more than 12 years ago and she talked nonstop at first. Then as she got more comfortable she talked a lot less.

She's been doing well ever since. I think she just got more comfortable and didn't need to talk as much out of nervousness, self-soothing, etc.