• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

talking parrotlet anyone?

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Does anyone has a parrotlet who can talk?
Just wondering, since I could hear Pichu making these sounds like when budgies talk, then when I looked it up Google said parrotlets couldn't talk..

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
YouTube disagrees lol

Oh yeah I remember Koolaid! Such a cutie, even with one parrotlet at home he makes me want another!! I didn't know the other one. Pichu makes those sounds sometimes but I don't recognise any word. Guess he is a bit old to learn now, still find the sounds adorable :)

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
Yes, Mojo is learning to talk, says all kinds of garbled stuff, can't understand it yet but he practices every day. His breeder told me back in August when I got him, he was saying peek a boo. I'll get a video of it if I can, he doesn't talk if he sees me lol

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think any parrot has the potential to talk. It's just some species are known to talk more/better than others.

LittleBean

Moving in
Mine talked quite a bit, and you could tell he was onto a new word when he sat on a favorite perch muttering to himself. Among his vocabulary was the literal word “peep,” which for some weird reason my sister taught him to say while bird-sitting.

Aviphile

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
DeeDee
They might not be known as great talkers but I have personally seen many that do talk. I also think a great many birds have the ability to mimic human speech, just many don't bother with it. I absolutely loved all of Koolaids youtube videos, he was blast!