• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Talkin'

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
Hey all!

Paulie's trying to talk!!! Bless his little heart, he'll be 18-19wks tomorrow and trying so hard to say, "aaawwweee", "love you", and to give kisses. What a little over achiever. :heart::heart:

Also, I shared earlier that he would only wiggle-neck my husband. Well, he's also started wiggle-necking me (well, kinda :rofl:). He will only wiggle-neck my right ear, while biting it and trying to say "aaawwweee"...:rofl:.

He's so adorably silly!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
so cute ❤

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Yay! That is very sweet.

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Awwwwww! :heart:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
So cute! Are you training him or did he just pick up some words from everyday's life?

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
So cute! Are you training him or did he just pick up some words from everyday's life?
We're trying to train him, although I wouldn't be surprised to hear him say, "bed", "eh-eh", "no", and "now", "sit", "hush" and "down". These are everyday words used with our dogs which I'm sure he'll eventually say. Or, if he's fairly gifted at speech, he might sing the little jingle I say to the boys when I give them a dentastix: "What would you do for a dentastix!?"

:rofl:

laracroft

Strolling the yard
These are everyday words used with our dogs which I'm sure he'll eventually say.
Wouldn't surprise me either, though it is a little surprising sometimes what they pick up and what they don't. There are things I say to Micah every single day that he's never even tried to repeat, though he definitely knows what they mean. And then there's 'speak', which was a command that Riley, our dog (sadly gone now) knew. My dad was trying to get Riley to speak and was being ignored, when suddenly we heard this tiny voice go "speak!". It was hilarious.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Pichu is imitating sounds like the creak from the oven's vent, the clicking of my son's knife, the motor of the drill, so I hope when he is fully comfortable here he will try and repeat some words too, would be cool!

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Well the fire detector was low on batteries for a day and now Pi makes that annoying beep sound ;) never know what they will pick up. When he does the sound now I am trying to whistle a little song so that hopefully it become a note of something rather than a CHEEP beep sound.

:D

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Well the fire detector was low on batteries for a day and now Pi makes that annoying beep sound ;) never know what they will pick up. When he does the sound now I am trying to whistle a little song so that hopefully it become a note of something rather than a CHEEP beep sound.

Oh help!! Not that sound!! Just happened here too, luckily he didn't pick it up!

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
And then there's 'speak', which was a command that Riley, our dog (sadly gone now) knew. My dad was trying to get Riley to speak and was being ignored, when suddenly we heard this tiny voice go "speak!". It was hilarious.
I'm so sorry for your lost. :sadhug2:although I can imagine just how funny that might have been to hear that tiny voice speak (see what I did there ;)).

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan

:rofl: Lord I pray that never happens in this household. My poor hubby couldn't bear it.

Paulie now officially, and clearly, says "I love you". It tickles me how quickly he seemed to progress from vague syllables to clear annunciation. I think I can also distinguish him saying, "who's a good boy?" and "whatcha doing?". (Although, to be honest, I can't discern any frequency in the first phrase, so this may be the equivalent of the fire detector incident in your home.)

Hubby swears he's heard Paulie trying to say, "so precious" but I have yet to hear anything similar to this phrase. I suppose only time will tell.

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
Just found out hubby is the culprit for the phrase "whatcha doing?". Apparently, the month that I was traveling hubby frequently asked Paulie this question because he couldn't understand many of Paulie's behaviors. :roflmao:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Awwwwwwwww. Paulie sounds so cute.