• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SWS Take a look at Wingdow's new "Loft" product

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What is the distance from the perch to the top?

Wingdow

Sprinting down the street
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aleta
Whatever you need to give your bird enough head room. I can make the head room up to 6 inches easily. Longer than that takes special screws---but very doable. Just have to special order the screws. In Wingdow-world, we know that "one size does not fit all"!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Thanks, the video and links were very helpful! I love the Wingdow and the loft!

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
:cheer:I did it, I did it!:fairy2:I took the plunge and ordered a Wingdow Seat!:bliss:
Your birds will love it! My tiels love theirs...I will admit...I was a little afraid of them crashing into it. But they flew to in and knew how to hover over the perch and land on it! Two of my tiels explored it quickly - the other 2 took a little longer.

Wingdow

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aleta
@Tiel Feathers I'm so glad that you decided to get a Wingdow for your tiels. I promise you---they are going to love it---and be on it all the time. And (unlike most bird products). you will have it a long time. I just talked to a customer who bought her first Wingdow 13 years ago when we first introduced it---and she still has it---and her bird still loves it. So--enjoy it---and send me some pics. (Also have to learn how to use those cool emojiis!)

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
@Wingdow ; Hi Aleta...just a couple questions about the loft. on your website, there is a pic of a tiel on a perch attached to the loft. what size perch is this? And also how many "pegboard" holes are there to be able to attach things?

Wingdow

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aleta
@CeciliaZ Hi, Cecilia! There are 4 "pegboard" holes drilled into the Loft ceiling. If you look at the 2 sets of perch holes drilled into the bottom of the Medium Wingdow Seat you have, the holes drilled into the Loft are spaced exactly the same way. So, you can hang things directly over the perch of your existing WIngdow Seat---or recess them 1" either way. And, the same perch assembly we use for WIngdow Seat fits right into the Loft holes. I've had a couple of people ask me to drill a 5th hole smack in the center of the Loft ceiling---which I have asked my plastics guy to do on the next production round--but the ones I have right now are 4 holes. The way the holes are spaced now, the toys (swings, etc.) would hang a bit to the right or left of the center of your WIngdow Seat perch---and not right over the center where your bird is most likely to sit when using the Wingdow Seat. If you like, I can take a photo of one of the Lofts I have here---with toys hanging out of the 4 holes we have drilled in the Loft---so you can get a better idea. As for the perch that's shown attached to the ceiling in the Loft pic of the Cockatiels---that's a 3" high perch---but we can put any size perch you need. It all depends on the bird that will be using it---and the amount of "head room" they need (as opposed to "tail room" when mounted to the Wingdow Seat bottom). 3 inches should provide enough head room for a Cockatiel sitting on one of the Loft's upside down perches---but we can also make it 4 or 5 inches if they are flighted and need more room to land. Also want to mention that you can mount a perch ABOVE the Loft, too---and you still have 2 holes left for hanging toys underneath the ceiling and above the Wingdow Seat. I think I need to take some more pics to show the versatility. It's kind of a Leggo block. Hope this helps!

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
@Wingdow ; please post pics. So many options with this loft! As I have 5 tiels and 2 that do not like sharing space with the others...this may be a great option! Mine are fully flighted so a 4 or 5 inch perch may be a better option.