• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tail flare Friday

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gigi flares her tail from time, like if something flashes quickly on the TV screen or if a new toy appears in her cage or a new food in her dish. It's definitely a typical Linnie trait. All the tail feathers fan out and sometimes go back and forth quickly. But today has a been a flare-athon. I woke her up wearing a new boldly flowered bathrobe. She looked me up and down flaring her tail. Then my hubby came to say hello, tail flare. But during out time was the funniest. I answered a text on my phone and Gigi came flying to check things out. I often open the photos and show her pictures of herself or me. But today, I opened to the "Birds" folder. I showed her every bird I've ever lived with or met, dozens of pictures, and over and over she flared her tail. I wish I had a picture of that.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
She is such a cutie! I also wish you got a photo! Maybe if you show her the bird album again you will be able to snap a pic.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Haha yeah Caspar flares his tail at me from time to time, along with eye pinning. They're such sweet birds but have such a hot temper!

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
My guys don't really flare all that often. So every time any one of them does I'm always thinking "Freeze! Hold it juuuuuust like that so I can study your tail for a sec!" Naturally they don't listen :)

The ambient lighting here is not direct enough I guess because usually I can't see their irises specifically, i just see big dark liquid saucers. Lol! But the other day directly under the cage light where I can distinguish the brown from black, I caught Blueberry pinning his eyes when he was seriously enjoying a grape out of my fingers.