• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tail bobbing

Ryliez

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rylie
Took my budgie to the vet a few weeks ago about her tail bobing, she does it a lot more prominent than my others they said there was nothing wrong and its now like 4 weeks later and she still does it. Got another vet appointment on Tuesday but does anyone else have a budgie that tail bobs and is fine?
Because she is 100% normal she is eating, playing, flying around and doing all her normal stuff.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
All budgies tails bob a small amount when breathing but when they are sick the bobbing is extreme and very obvious. Depending on the amount of bobbing you are seeing it is possibly very normal. To be sure it is just a natural movement with breathing you could share some footage showing what you are seeing.

Ryliez

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rylie

I hope the link works.
But she is fine in every other way, she is even sitting on one foot in that video.

Scorpi0

Sprinting down the street
That does seem a bit excessive. Did she always do that or it just started a month ago?

Ryliez

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rylie
That does seem a bit excessive. Did she always do that or it just started a month ago?
She always bobbed a little but it got worse about a month ago, she was given antibiotics just on case but nothing changed. She is fine in every aspect of her life though.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Yeah that's definitely puzzling... if you get no where your current vet, you may want to seek a second opinion, if possible. I know finding one avian vet is difficult depending on where live.

Did your current vet do any bloodwork or was it just a physical exam?

Ryliez

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rylie
Yeah that's definitely puzzling... if you get no where your current vet, you may want to seek a second opinion, if possible. I know finding one avian vet is difficult depending on where live.

Did your current vet do any bloodwork or was it just a physical exam?
I am off to see a different vet on Friday now managed to get the appointment moved forward.
It was just a physical exam, I will ask about other tests as she is totally normal other then the bobble.
This is her a hour or so ago trying to get the attention of one my other birds. snow!