• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

TAG or CAG?

Do you own a CAG or a TAG?

• CAG

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • TAG

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Andrea
From all my research, it seemed that most 'experts' said that TAGs were less neurotic than CAGs, were not as likely to bond to just one person, more able to adjust to a some what chaotic household. Now we all know that this is just a generalized statement.

Pippy isn't a snuggly bird but he loves to be on me (mostly my head) and he wants to be in the center of everything. He is a great whistler and has his favorite words that is for sure. OH and he hates all the other birds in the house...does NOT play well with others.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I have a CAG, Chopper.

Come on now Danita and Saroj...be good girls!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I have one of both. Tuchis TAG was the first birdie I ever got as an adult and boy is he a brat!:) LOL! He tries to rule the house with an iron foot. Clancy CAG came to me from another household at nearly 16 and she's so much more subdued. They're like night and day. They both make me laugh every day though.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
You did not give an option for Both:) But put Me in for 1 Tag and 7 Cags:D

Quest

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Judy
I have Toby (CAG)
The sweetest boy in the world.:heart:

Gao

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Gao
I have a TAG. And she's everything the books say AG's aren't. She loves snuggling, new things and doesn't mind change. She is my bird though. She doesn't bite but will warn ya if she doesn't like what your doing.

I love my Timneh!!!

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
From all my research, it seemed that most 'experts' said that TAGs were less neurotic than CAGs, were not as likely to bond to just one person, more able to adjust to a some what chaotic household. Now we all know that this is just a generalized statement.
Yes, I heard that too. TAGs are also supposedly better with children and strangers and less phobic overall than CAGs.

Stacy_b

Real Name
Stacy
I have a TAG, I planned on a CAG, but a TAG was surrendered. She was surrendered at 10 months old. And who doesnt fall for a baby?? So....um...she is still here :hehe:

trout

Real Name
Bobby
I have a TAG, I planned on a CAG, but a TAG was surrendered. She was surrendered at 10 months old. And who doesnt fall for a baby?? So....um...she is still here :hehe:
10 months? What happened?

T

TinaM

I've met Timnehs that were the most phobic creatures on earth. I've met Congos that laughed at change and loved everyone. It's all about upbringing. My pet Congos get bored without change. They'll go to anyone if there's food involved, nary a phobic trait at all.

In my aviary, I have both Timneh and Congos. Half of the Congos were wild caught. All the Timnehs were domestic former pets. The Timnehs flip out if anything (including shadows) change in the aviary. The Congos couldn't care less.

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
I have my TAG, Ernie. He is the bestest!!!! :) :) :)

Stacy_b

Real Name
Stacy
wow, I guess she's one lucky birdy to find a good home so quickly. :D
:D Yea...to the first person who has *SUCKER* written on her forehead...works every time. Just ask Sam (U2) and Gabby (ekkie) :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.