• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Taco needed a bigger foraging box...

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
That is awesome!!! A Fly Thru! Lol

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Question, how did you keep the end closed? Did you tape it? I'd like to know, if there's a bird safe way to do it.
There was packing tape on it when I first got/cut it, which I peeled off before I gave it to Taco. Then I just closed the end with the ol' classic flap fold, like this. :D

boxfold.JPG

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
There was packing tape on it when I first got/cut it, which I peeled off before I gave it to Taco. Then I just closed the end with the ol' classic flap fold, like this. :D

View attachment 297120
Ah! I forgot all about that! I used to do that all the time before I figured out our monster of a packing tape gun. Thanks!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
That is the coolest box!!! I’ve never thought of making doors and windows in the boxes I give Burt. I used to make cubby houses for my kids out of huge boxes though and they loved them. Burt tends to kill them in minutes so I would probably spend more time playing with the box to make it cool than he would take destroying it. I’m gonna do it though the next time I give him a box, he loves going in them to hide for a second then explodes out if them with a big “RAH” and a cute eye pin. He does sooo love boxes even if he tends to get angry at them when he can’t land on the edge of them without them tipping.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Bwahahahaha! :laughing7: Very nice!

Hah! That's so cute!! I should do something like that for Chirp.
You should, but what will you name his? We have a local pet shop named "Fish & Chirps" but that's all I can think of. I'm sure there's more & that's just blocking me. :wacky:

he loves going in them to hide for a second then explodes out if them with a big “RAH” and a cute eye pin.
I needed this image. :heart::heart::heart:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Open for business!!!