• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Taco in his cage video link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angela

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Angela Watson
Ok... I've been told that Taco's toy's are to small for his breed and that his cage is not only to small but not strong enought for him. I understand what everyone is saying.

But what I'm trying to explain is I don't think he's as active as the birds you guys and gals have. When he moves around his cage he only grabs the side of the cage hard enought to help him move and then is not a mark anywhere on his cage and not one part is bent. He avoids all of his toys. He actually well go to the other side of the cage to get away from them. I set one toy by his food dish for him to get use to.

The lady that had him before me said that he doesn't fly. I still have yet to see him glide. When he streches out he hads lots of room around him ruffly about 8 inchs on each side.

I took a video of what he he does when he's in his cage. Well besides he walks around. I don't know is something wrong with my baby??

Here the link I can't get teh video to load up on here I haven't figured it out yet.

YouTube - Taco in his cage

Last edited:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
how old is Taco? he looks like a really young bird each bird is different but it nay take him a while to get use to toys and activity mine was an adult when I got her if you look close you will see feathers gone some birds will over preen with out other things to ocuppy their time not that your bird will but birds need things to do if this makes sense birds are highly intelgent and need things to occupy their time ans brains :hug8:

Angela

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Angela Watson
Re: Taco in his cage video link I got the video up :)

:dance5:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
he is young and never taught to play I had to teach all my birds except Percy to play it is not hard but takes time a bird needs activity in their life if they are couch potatoes so to speak it is un healthy for them just like us you need to get Taco more active it makes for a healthier bird:hug8:

Tielygirl

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
It still is too small, If he was given more room and more toys I bet he would learn to use it. Not only that but still just having the choice of to play or not, or to flap his wings or not is way better than not having any choice at all. Think about it this way then him living in there is the equivilant to you living in your bathroom or a small closet for your entire life, pretty boring huh? These guys will live into they're 30's!

Remember birds are ment to fly, conures live in flocks of up to 300 and they will cover between 100 and 300 miles in a single day out there. So to put such a beautiful animal in such a small confined space with NO options or choices of what it does or where it can go is sad.

Please don't take this wrongly I am not trying to be mean, I care deeply for parrots, well all animals.

Angela

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Angela Watson
Oh no I understand. my husband and i where talking and we're going to change things a little bit. We really don't have the room for the huge cage. (well right now we well after we remodle) So for the time being my husband and I are going to set up different areas in the house "play stations" so to speak. Which would make his cage for "sleeping or if we have to leave the house only" Normally I would just let him have run for the house. but all of the suddon my cat seems to like to watch him. So when we're not home his cage is his safty. But if he can go with us we'll take him

Not to meantion no matter what size the cage who would want to be in one all the time? Right? (hehe)

Status
Not open for further replies.