• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sydney needs to exercise her brain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydneymom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay
Due to a lot of issues we were not able to give Syd, my cockatiel as many toys as she deserves but now that I have a job (at a pet store too!) I want to do a complete overhaul on her cage. I want more toys and enrichment ideas.

So post pictures of the toys you use and maybe some pictures of your cages. Would Syd enjoy a water bath? (I've seen pictures of birds with dishes of water to play in) What kind of foraging can I give her? What other types of enrichment would be good for her?

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Any foraging toy is good.
Forage Toys and Enrichment for Parrots and Birds
Tiels like stuff that they can get to easilly so I'd choose something like these.
Foraging Sphere with Skewer Parrot Toy
Garden Kabob Fruit Skewer for Birds
Buffet Ball Kabob Bird Parrot Forage Toy | Creative Foraging Systems Buffet Ball Kabob
Cagemount Buffet Box Bird Parrot Forage Toy | Creative Foraging Systems Cagetop Buffet Box
Foraging Green Trays for Birds and Parrots
Most of the plastic/acrylic toys will last forever with a tiel (some bigger birds can destroy them though). The cardboard toys come with a base that you can buy more cardboard things for. If you don't want to buy a tray you can easilly make one yourself with a plate or child's tray with different compartments. Or even paper plates that you can just throw away. They will have fun chewing them as well.
You can also make easy foraging toys from little paper cups, coffee filters, and muffin cups.
Also, summer's coming up so there will be a lot of small sand buckets around. Just fill them with shredded paper, food, and some little foot toys to make an easy and cheap foraging bucket. :)
http://www.dollartree.com/toys-game...ils-with-Shovels/210c238c238p293879/index.pro

Last edited:

Sydneymom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay
Thanks! I really want to try and make her toys so I'm going to get to work today making her some foraging toys.

iluvsunconure

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raymond :]
Allison posted very good links! Srry, can't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.