• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SWS SWS orders

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:bliss:Penny finally actually started breaking 1/4 inch pine pieces. Not seen her touch wood ever.
I left her 1 piece not thinking she would actually touch it & discovered she had made splinters out of it...
Now I just put one or 2 pieces in the cage for her to shred. She holds it & shreds it.
She still won't touch her birdy bagels or her mini skewer with some 1/4 inch pine...
Its hard trying to find things they are interested in.

Can't wait for her to get her Candy Tarts. She might actually be interested.
Great isnt it the pleasure you get when they start destroying what you bought them.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
It is really disappointing to spend so much on things they ignore.

their one true love is to go down to the bottom of the cage & chew on the cage papers. :banghead:

Rio started it & Penny watched. Now she is doing it alot.

They will both ring & play with their stainless bells but that does nothing for the conditioning of the beak.

Penny like to chew carrot sticks or cardboard so thought about bamboo or wood dowels might be liked.

Toys with alot of things don't seem to interest her.

The pine she has is cut with the grain so splinters. Wondering if she would like the more chippy against the grain.
Seeing how she can if she wants to demolish 1/4 pine in seconds I don't think balsa would be a good choice now.
Maybe thicker pine is in order. I'll spend more time trying to figure it out & more experimentation.

I think she might like to chew something that is stationary...hoping the Candy Tarts will peak her interest but even if not its cage decoration & doesn't take up much space.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah

their one true love is to go down to the bottom of the cage & chew on the cage papers. :banghead:

Rio started it & Penny watched. Now she is doing it alot.

They will both ring & play with their stainless bells but that does nothing for the conditioning of the beak.

Penny like to chew carrot sticks or cardboard so thought about bamboo or wood dowels might be liked.

Toys with alot of things don't seem to interest her.

The pine she has is cut with the grain so splinters. Wondering if she would like the more chippy against the grain.
Seeing how she can if she wants to demolish 1/4 pine in seconds I don't think balsa would be a good choice now.
Maybe thicker pine is in order. I'll spend more time trying to figure it out & more experimentation.

I think she might like to chew something that is stationary...hoping the Candy Tarts will peak her interest but even if not its cage decoration & doesn't take up much space.
Oh I shipped your box today but could have added in a few pieces to try. Just ask me next time if you need a few wood samples. ;)

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Oh I shipped your box today but could have added in a few pieces to try. Just ask me next time if you need a few wood samples. ;)
Bummed, just saw that it is sent UPS. I ordered USPS priority as I hoped it would get here faster.
Looks like UPS delivered it pretty fast from you last time so I guess I'll wait...

Good thing you don't like Fed Ex...they are fast...too fast... :faint:

F141215_WABC_FEDEX_CRASH_16x9_992.jpg

Last edited:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Bummed, just saw that it is sent UPS. I ordered USPS priority as I hoped it would get here faster.
Looks like UPS delivered it pretty fast from you last time so I guess I'll wait...

Good thing you don't like Fed Ex...they are fast...too fast... :faint:

View attachment 398498
As I said in pm, USPS in our Oak Creek WI distribution center is slowing way down. They have a package I sent a week ago still sitting there. I did switch the service as I knew UPS would get to you faster and it was less of a price so I credited you.

I pick my battles. ;)

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Ooooohhh that is terrible.

I always trusted USPS but the world is upside down now.

Thanks! UPS did ship it very fast from you last time.
I just was concerned as its starting to be holiday times & shipping can come to halt.

Thanks for keep up to date with the shipping carriers & shipping the most cost effective & timely way!
I have to admit you are on the ball & on top of it. My compliments!!!

:heart:

Last edited:

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
totally understand this one KiKI wouldnt touch anything but started to squeeze seeds in where possible that helped then used to hold a foot toy for her she would show some interest have a little chew she is now smashing balsa in her cage and working on pine as well.
Still a work in progress but think we will get there.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Got my Peachy Inkpress order! Sadie is so patient with me as I basically said "I have no idea what I want" and she rolled with it and it was perfect as always :laughing2: :heart2:
PXL_20211220_173617969.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
:rofl:

I think mine said "I HAVE NO IDEA BUT I WILL FIGURE IT OUT I PROMISE!!!!"
I said, "I like this photo and have no idea what I want it to say...."

And she did the rest lol. I did not figure it out for her in the slightest lol.

She asked me what nerdy things I like and I essentially said "everything", which didn't narrow it down at ALL :rofl:

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Sadie is really great at dealing with the indecisive. She should have a banner for that. :lol:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Sadie is really great at dealing with the indecisive. She should have a banner for that. :lol:
But what would it say? She'd have to figure that out, too! :hilarious:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I may have told you all this before, but I cannot design stuff for myself. Other people, sure! :rofl: