• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SWS SWS orders

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:laughin:

Oh so is the packaging competition on?? :lol:
It's always on! :without8ball:
I fold!!! Packages don't look pretty unless it's secret santa... Lisa's box is 85% bubble wrap! Her new mailman throws packages over her fence.. I have too many orders to fuss with pretty boxes. ;)

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie

I fold!!! Packages don't look pretty unless it's secret santa... Lisa's box is 85% bubble wrap! Her new mailman throws packages over her fence.. I have too many orders to fuss with pretty boxes. ;)
Oh that is such a shame. I hate when they throw packages! No wonder you mentioned putting pillows down. I thought you meant they were for Lisa, so she can faint without getting hurt. :roflmao:

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
You all do a great job of packaging! Some packaging may not be pretty but everything has always come intact! That is really something with the way the delivery services leave things sometimes.

Our cats love all of the paper packaging. We crunch them up into balls for the little furry ones to bat around. :catrub:

And for your awaited package enjoyment!:roflmao:

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Oh that is such a shame. I hate when they throw packages! No wonder you mentioned putting pillows down. I thought you meant they were for Lisa, so she can faint without getting hurt. :roflmao:
I recently moved to a ranch and all four acres are surrounded 100% by fence. So there really is no way to get a package to our door unless I’m home and waiting to let someone in. Most of the time they leave packages out by the fence/road but sometimes he throws them over the fence lol...neither great options. We’re thinking about getting a locked box outside our fence for future packages. But until then...lots and lots of bubble wrap lol.

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa

The kids will play with the bubble wrap lol. I’m just excited to see if he delivers it on the road or over the fence. :rofl:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
The kids will play with the bubble wrap lol. I’m just excited to see if he delivers it on the road or over the fence. :rofl:

I put FRAGILE stickers all over it! Why are we testing with this one again? Omg

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Ann
I put FRAGILE stickers all over it! Why are we testing with this one again? Omg
Shipping companies dont care about Fragile Stickers. They think it is an excuse to toss the package even more. :rofl:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Shipping companies dont care about Fragile Stickers. They think it is an excuse to toss the package even more. :rofl:
I know right?

My UPS guy... :rofl: "Holey Moley what are you shipping lately?" I said... "I sell pet rocks, :D don't shake them... they don't like that." :laugh:
The same day I had 1000 ' washers come in... Did you know that 1000 washers weighs 64 pounds? I could not pick up the box!
I dare the freight companies to try to kick my boxes down a driveway.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Ann
I know right?

My UPS guy... :rofl: "Holey Moley what are you shipping lately?" I said... "I sell pet rocks, :D don't shake them... they don't like that." :laugh:
The same day I had 1000 ' washers come in... Did you know that 1000 washers weighs 64 pounds? I could not pick up the box!
I dare the freight companies to try to kick my boxes down a driveway.
My UPS driver is an A$$. My pick up time is between 4and 4:30PM. He will drive by at noon and want to know if my packages are ready. If they were ready they would be sitting on the porch where I put ALWAYS put them. I am paying you to get my packages so you will come on my time and not yours. He has such an attitude. It drives me crazy. You can tell he doesnt want to be working. Not my fault you dont like your job.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I've seen so many boxes that were mangled that had fragile stickers on them. You actually have to pay an extra fee if you want that protection

I decided to go with reverse psychology for mine. I put cute stickers that thank the workers, in hopes that they'll be kind to the packages in return. :rofl:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I've seen so many boxes that were mangled that had fragile stickers on them. You actually have to pay an extra fee if you want that protection

I decided to go with reverse psychology for mine. I put cute stickers that thank the workers, in hopes that they'll be kind to the packages in return. :rofl:
You suck butt. :rolleyes:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I know it's part of my job now, but I still get super excited by an expansive box of new parts just waiting to be made into toys :heart:
I wish I could! I open the box and say "OMG why did I buy so much... where am I going to stick that without Joe finding it." :facepalm:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I wish I could! I open the box and say "OMG why did I buy so much... where am I going to stick that without Joe finding it." :facepalm:
Ok but think about new parts that you haven't used yet! It goes one of two ways:

1 - YAY I get to finally play with these and make my vision come true!!

or 2 - WTF. I can't remember what I had in mind for these. *puts on shelf for 2 years*