• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sweetie-bird

IRNluv

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Olivia
I talk about Shrek alot because he's my bird ...and he's a bit of a problem child... But he's not the first parrot-type bird to join our family. Our first is Sweetie-bird. And she taught us NOTHING about how to deal with problem children! We don't call her Sweetie for nothing.

She belongs to my 14yr old daughter and is her ever constant companion. They do everything together and she takes her every where a pet can go. I know many of you will cringe at the thought of a 14yr old owning a pet that is such a HUGE responsibility. But I promise Nat is up to the task. We didn't buy this bird for her. Nat set her mind to what she wanted and worked her butt off to get it. She gets paid to maintain high marks at school, babysit, mucking stalls, and doing chores and yard work for our elderly neighbors. She also makes poultry themed crafts and bird houses to sell at chicken swaps on the weekends.

Nat saved money for 3 years to get the purchase price of the bird she wanted, appropriate adult sized cage, toys, a food budget, and enough money to cover 1 year of veterinary care plus one emergency visit. Nat's next goal is a car...

Sweetie is a hand raised , adorable, little marshmallow who has brought joy and purpose to a young girl. She has also been a source of positive stability in this stressful, pandemic-rocked world we are dealing with right now. Sweetie is also the reason when one of my co-workers said "My brother has a bird he really needs to get rid of. Think you could help it?" We said "Sure! How hard could that be?..." SMH.

We love you Sweetie-bird! 20200524_155512.jpg

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Your daughter is so steady and responsible! And it’s great that you have fostered and encouraged these qualities so well. I wish so many other kids were even half as good as she is. Sweetie is an adorable, fortunate little bird!

IRNluv

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Olivia
Your daughter is so steady and responsible! And it’s great that you have fostered and encouraged these qualities so well. I wish so many other kids were even half as good as she is. Sweetie is an adorable, fortunate little bird!
Thank you. I dont know how right or wrong I'm doing this mom thing but she's a great kid. I'm grateful for Sweetie too. she brings so much to all of our lives.