• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sweet Pea Breakthrough!!! Im SO pleased!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jess
Hi guys,

Some of you may not really know Sweetie, she is my tiel that i've had about 2 yrs. My mum bought her from a local pet shop from their aviary. She was parent reared and very fearful when i got her so it has been an ongoing thing over the last 2 years to get her to trust me and it has been really rewarding as she is now very sweet and loves attention.

The one thing she has always been wary of is coming over to me though, i dont know why :confused: I sometimes have a struggle to get her out of her cage even, though she is fine when she comes out, its just an odd little hang up she has.

But just now, literally a few mins ago she flew from the top of Ruby's cage right down onto my shoulder :omg: She has never done this before!! And she is sat there on my shoulder preening right now :lol: This probably sounds really boring to some people but its so exciting for me. I've been so proud of how Sweetie has come on over the last two years but this was one thing i thought she'd never trust me enough to do so im really pleased with this :D So please excuse my little pointless post :rofl:

Look, i just managed to get pics!! She seems chilled out enough. Excuse the bits and fluff all over me, like i said, she's been preening lol

Last edited:
M

M.C Bird Rescue

How awesome. She is so pretty too. Wow. It is always so rewarding when you are finally given the trust and love in return. Congrats! :hug8:

Jess

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jess
Thanks guys! Non birdie people wouldnt understand lol! I guess it will be an ongoing thing with Sweet Pea but thats good really, its best to do it gradually. She's just flown down onto the laptop keyboard as im typing this and is chirping at the screen!! I guess she's saying hi lol

Status
Not open for further replies.