• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Surprisingly Colorful New Year

Sarah13

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Tracy had capris x scarlets, which she called Paleos. I thought the bird Barb showed me was a Camelot or Capri, but I could be mistaken.
Gotcha, no biggie either way.
That's very cool.
Cynthia, who is into Capris happens to have a matching pair to me.... yellow dominant Capri hen and a very colorful Catalina male.
I jokingly told her I call them Capralinas but she's apparently wanting to pair and breed them so I guess we'll see how they turn out if they take!
I'm not sure that hybrid exists yet especially with such uniquely colored Catalinas and specifically yellow dominant capris.
I'm not planning to breed my two, it was just a funny coincidence.

Sarah13

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
I had serious health issues and missed about 6 months of school. I placed 3 of my 4 macaw because I struggled to meet their basic husbandry needs, let alone interact with them in a meaningful manner. I now have the hyacinth, my DYH, and 2 golden conures. It is controversial, but I've always wanted them and the law changed regarding them, so I got them. They're little, and I could handle their care even when I wasn't in remission. I miss the macaws and regret it now that I'm better, but what's done is done.
I'm so sorry, I didn't know but I hope you stay well.
Remission is good of course but a scary word.
Your flock sounds lovely.
No judgement here at all.
Selling/rehoming is perfectly fine and getting whatever species you are able/desire is terrific. Good on you!
If you are able to get your/macaws again in general back, that is also great.
Whatever you need/ want, I truly hope you will have.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Gotcha, no biggie either way.
That's very cool.
Cynthia, who is into Capris happens to have a matching pair to me.... yellow dominant Capri hen and a very colorful Catalina male.
I jokingly told her I call them Capralinas but she's apparently wanting to pair and breed them so I guess we'll see how they turn out if they take!
I'm not sure that hybrid exists yet especially with such uniquely colored Catalinas and specifically yellow dominant capris.
I'm not planning to breed my two, it was just a funny coincidence.
You should PM or call me: I can save you a potential headache.