• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Surprise visitor

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
Have a look at who is hanging out making himself at home on my balcony. He's having a good explore and seems friendly. I went and had a chat with him and he let out an inquisitive squawk that felt like it was to me! He is interested in my budgies who are chirping inside. 16091358308365255089031340685017.jpg 20201228_165942.jpg
I'm loving it here as we are right on the bush. Yesterday I went for a bush walk and saw a chanel billed cuckoo stealing eggs from a nest!! There were lots of angry noisy minors and I could hear squawking that sounded like rainbow lorikeets (I suspect it was a lorikeet nest). I've spotted a king parrot in the bush too!

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Sounds lovely! :heart:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Lol you’ll have a whole flock out there harassing you soon! Your new home sounds like a lovely place to be!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How fun!!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well, not the pooping on the balcony part, lol!

ParrotNuts

Real Name
Atharv
You are so lucky that they visit your house!!!! :fairy: The wild RNs here won't come anywhere near the lower floors:cautious::arghh:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
It was a scouting mission. Looking to see what destroyable objects you have available.

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
He came back today and I had a chat with him as I was sitting on the balcony....he actually came pretty close to me and was very interested in me. I'm starting to wonder if he's an escaped pet?

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
He came back today and I had a chat with him as I was sitting on the balcony....he actually came pretty close to me and was very interested in me. I'm starting to wonder if he's an escaped pet?
From what I know wild 'toos can be quite friendly. Did you see a leg band?

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
From what I know wild 'toos can be quite friendly. Did you see a leg band?
He didn't have a leg band. He did fly off when he heard other toos screeching. He certainly made himself at home on my balcony. I messaged a local bird rescue just in case- I wasn't sure if I should offer food and water! As far as I know, I don't think it's super common to have pet cockatoos here though.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Some of the wild ones are rather game and pretty confident around people... have you seen beesbalcony on IG Stacie? Check it out, they are all wild birds but some of them you would swear are pets. There are a few others too but I can not think of the names right now.

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
Some of the wild ones are rather game and pretty confident around people... have you seen beesbalcony on IG Stacie? Check it out, they are all wild birds but some of them you would swear are pets. There are a few others too but I can not think of the names right now.
Oh wow, amazing! I just had a look. Maybe he is a confident wild bird! :D