• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Surprise from hubby

Jonathorus

Moving in
Real Name
Jonathon Daniel
(In British accent) What a beautiful specimen, lol. But in all seriousness that is a very pretty bird
:)

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Very cute :) :pflb:

You have three now? Or is this the fourth?

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Beautiful :)

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a little cutie!

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:awww:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
... for now..... :innocent:
:rofl:I think it will stay at three mango hasn’t obviously met pico and indie actually dreading how indie will react to mango she’s a bossy boots and three big cages in house is enough mango downstairs at min they have been flock calling and indie tried to come downstairs today (not sure if she wanted a bath or to see who was new on the block) she did bath in bowl as I didn’t want to fetch them down to sink as mango downstairs

Attachments

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Mango had his/her first bath today too mango parent raised but is surprisingly very friendly must have had some sort of human interaction already steps up (for millet) flys to me (if I have millet in my hand) already knows spin (for millet)
Spending quarantine time bonding :heart:

@Zara mango was in avary (about 2weeks ago when I went to pet shop for bugs and bird seeds toys ) with 1 definitely hybrid lovebird (definitely eye rings thick same colours as mango but a lot darker ) and 4 very different coloured lovebirds that I’ve not seen (with maybe eye rings faces were white) and 3 definitely peachfaced lovebirds which at the time put me off a little bit when I asked age they said 4months (but no leg band)
is mango hybrid ? Or peachfaced

Hubby knew mango was one of my Favourite ones that and a yellow one with red face so when mango was alone he got mango

Attachments

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
is mango hybrid ?
No

Or peachfaced
Yes :)

I can see why you may think this. Being in a mixed species aviary, and he does have almost a ¨ring¨ around the eye, but it´s not a white ring like Ficheri, Personatus and the likes.
My Sydney has an eye that can sometimes look like there´s a ring, but he also does not have an eye-ring.
(I hope that makes sense!)

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I think it will stay at three mango hasn’t obviously met pico and indie actually dreading how indie will react to mango she’s a bossy boots and three big cages in house is enough
I have a strong feeling you will change your mind :D
You have three birds, your first two are not bonded (as they live separately), having three lovebirds will very likely lead to a pair somewhere, and when that happens and you see a bonded lovebird pair, you will definitely start lusting after a fourth to be a friend for the third wheel. There is just something so special about a bonded pair of lovebirds, and observing their endearing interactions brings so much joy. You will also have a spare cage, making it easier to bring home a fourth. There´s not much difference in destruction, noise and cost (except vet) between three lovebirds and four.
:shocked1:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
No

Yes :)

I can see why you may think this. Being in a mixed species aviary, and he does have almost a ¨ring¨ around the eye, but it´s not a white ring like Ficheri, Personatus and the likes.
My Sydney has an eye that can sometimes look like there´s a ring, but he also does not have an eye-ring.
(I hope that makes sense!)
yes makes sense thank you the hybrid in there had definite eye rings thick white glad he/she a peach faced I thought so just wanted to be 100% sure

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
I have a strong feeling you will change your mind :D
You have three birds, your first two are not bonded (as they live separately), having three lovebirds will very likely lead to a pair somewhere, and when that happens and you see a bonded lovebird pair, you will definitely start lusting after a fourth to be a friend for the third wheel. There is just something so special about a bonded pair of lovebirds, and observing their endearing interactions brings so much joy. You will also have a spare cage, making it easier to bring home a fourth. There´s not much difference in destruction, noise and cost (except vet) between three lovebirds and four.
:shocked1:
haha:lol: are you trying to talk me into a fourth here ?
I know what u mean but I don’t think pico bothered he just seems to like being by himself and out with me indie wants to be with him but he’s not fussed I think if pico paired with indie or mango then maybe a 4th but if it’s pico that’s third wheel I wouldn’t as he’s happy (I think )

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
:lol:

When is your quaratine period up? I will be very interested to read about how things go :)
16th of October that’s 4weeks mango went to vets Thursday vet said he/she seems very healthy just got wait results indie came back after a week but did full 4weeks with indie if mango gets all clear can they meet sooner or do I do full 4weeks just in case ?

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
16th of October that’s 4weeks mango went to vets Thursday vet said he/she seems very healthy just got wait results indie came back after a week but did full 4weeks with indie if mango gets all clear can they meet sooner or do I do full 4weeks just in case ?
I would do the 4 weeks. :) Better safe than sorry and it will go by faster than you think.

Your little birbs are adorable!