• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Surgery :( -GOOD UPDATE

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
So, surprising news!! She doesn't actually have an egg!! :jawdrop1:
They also noted that the swelling had gone down. They decided to do an ultarsound, and a horizontal beam x-ray. The procedures revealed breeding-condition bones, no egg, and an enlarged reproductive area.
We eventually decided to give her Lupron, as it seemed that the cause of all this is endometritis. She is home and doing very well!! :dance4:
Thanks soooooo much to everybird who prayed, sent hugs, or hoped for a good diagnosis. :) :hug8:You truly are the best! :)
They said there was a possibility of a tumor, but it really didn't seem like that.
:chickendance: So happy, so happy, so happy- YEAH!!

ArtBird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Oh, I just saw this... :hug8: :heart: :hug8: :heart: :hug8:
Sending good thoughts for a flawless surgery.... I hope it goes well. My tiel Pinky laid so many eggs I was always worried about this.

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, I just saw this... :hug8: :heart: :hug8: :heart: :hug8:
Sending good thoughts for a flawless surgery.... I hope it goes well. My tiel Pinky laid so many eggs I was always worried about this.
Thanks, Cecilia!!! :)

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Could not ask for a better outcome! Glad you ALL are doing much better. You also have a good history for her should there be future problems.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
She says that this was all for nothing, nothing has changed for her, and she also says that she's VERY angry at them for wetting her vent so the could see it! :hehe:
I say I'm so glad she's fine!! :)
Thanks, Cheryl! :hug8:
I'm so glad everything has turned out well. It's funny- Cassie also had to stay overnight in Buffalo after her surgery. When I called in the morning about her, they told me she was ready to come home- she had already began to bite the AV techs! (Cassie disliked women)

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so glad everything has turned out well. It's funny- Cassie also had to stay overnight in Buffalo after her surgery. When I called in the morning about her, they told me she was ready to come home- she had already began to bite the AV techs! (Cassie disliked women)
:rofl: I knew E would make it the day after the bloodbath when she screamed after I put my hand in the box!! :D

Mrcrowley

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
Pheeew thank god glad she is ok did they do blood tests after since it was not egg binding?

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Congratulations! That is terrific news!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award