• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Supreme fruity blend recall by Petsmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

heirofslytherin123

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Gabby
Got an email from Petsmart just now about the recall

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
What are the dates?? I bought a small 2# bag a week ago. What is the lott# and exp#???

Milo

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
Crap. Going to chuck the boys' blend because I don't have the bag. I suppose this clinches us switching pellets finally :/

Coco's Momma

Real Name
Robin
If it is Zupreme, I checked their website and there is nothing on there about any recall, and there is nothing on the PetSmart website about a recall either! I just bought a bag of finch-sized fruity blend for the budgies but from a different retailer.

MissEdie

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Edie
Call the Zupreem, they will tell you.
My friend was told it was the ones with the expiration date of 11/13

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Can't find any info on either Zupreem's or PetSmart's website....

MissEdie

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Edie
This was on Face Book in the
Bird lovers in Ohio

This was just posted in one of the other bird forums so I thought I would share: A friend of ours working in a big name pet retailer has informed us of a Zupreem Recall, I dont see it on their site or facebook yet but here is the info I have:

fruit blend med/lg 3.5# exp 11/30/13
fruit blend med parrot 12# exp 11/30/13

fruit blend large parrot 3.5# exp 11/30/13
fruit blend lg parrot 12# exp 11/30/13
recalled for lack of calcium

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Just got done talking with Zupreem. Edie is correct, recalls were over lack of calcium-AND some bags that had too much calcium. It is our preferred pellet for Milton-and we did buy a bag for him a few days ago that is on the recall list. I'm now off to buy a new bag of pellets...

AmberMuffinz

Avenue Veteran
Good thing I stopped feeding the fruity blend a while back. I feed the natural colored ones, I guess those are safe o_O

Coco's Momma

Real Name
Robin
Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, it is still not on the front page of the Zupreme website, where it should be posted. It is in a link underneath. You have to know where to find it. Thank goodness PetSmart is telling their customers. But I don't shop at PetSmart, so I didn't get the email. I don't have any of that food that is recalled, but I just really think Zupreme should put it on the front page of their website, despite the embarrassment to them or potential loss of business.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, it is still not on the front page of the Zupreme website, where it should be posted. It is in a link underneath. You have to know where to find it. Thank goodness PetSmart is telling their customers. But I don't shop at PetSmart, so I didn't get the email. I don't have any of that food that is recalled, but I just really think Zupreme should put it on the front page of their website, despite the embarrassment to them or potential loss of business.
I do agree with you, they should put the info on their website. I did call them earlier and got the info I needed. They did seem quite concerned about the situation,and I assume they will get the info up on the site ASAP.
We did have a bag of the pellets involved-they have been thrown out,and I bought new pellets this afternoon. I'll call my AV vet's office tomorrow and talk to them, just to be on the safe side.
Milton is fine,in fact, he's chowing on some apple slices...

heirofslytherin123

Real Name
Gabby
iPhone changed it its "Zupreem"

If you are having trouble reading this PetSmart® email, please click here.

Dear Valued PetSmart Customer,

Premium Nutritional Products Inc. has issued a voluntary product recall on the "Best If Used By" Date Code of 11/30/2013 of certain ZuPreem FruitBlend Medium/Large and FruitBlend Large Bird Foods. Only the following sizes and products have been affected. You can locate the "Best If Used By" Date Codes on the back or the bottom of the bag.

Description Best If Used By Date
ZuPreem FruitBlend Medium/Large Bird Food, 2 lb 11/30/2013
ZuPreem FruitBlend Medium/Large Bird Food, 3.5 lb 11/30/2013
ZuPreem FruitBlend Medium/Large Bird Food, 12 lb 11/30/2013
ZuPreem FruitBlend Large Bird Food, 2 lb 11/30/2013
ZuPreem FruitBlend Large Bird Food, 3.5 lb 11/30/2013
ZuPreem FruitBlend Large Bird Food, 12 lb 11/30/2013

This product is being recalled due to elevated levels of Calcium in the foods. Pet illnesses have been reported in association with these foods. If you are concerned about your health or that of your pets, contact a veterinarian immediately.

Please stop using this product and bring any remaining ZuPreem FruitBlend Medium/Large and FruitBlend Large Bird Foods affected by this recall to your closest PetSmart store for a full refund. You can view ZuPreem's statement here for more information. If you have questions about this recall, please call ZuPreem at 1-800-345-4767.

As an alternative to the recalled ZuPreem food, we recommend the ZuPreem VeggieBlend Premium Daily Bird Food, ZuPreem FruitBlend Premium Daily Bird Food Medium , ZuPreem NutBlend Premium Daily Bird Food, ZuPreem AvianMaintenance Natural for Parrots and Conures , Roudybush Daily Diet Parrot Food, Lafeber's Premium Daily Diet Parrot Food, or Lafeber's Premium Daily Diet Macaw and Cockatoo Food in the size appropriate for the pet parent's bird.

At PetSmart, we're concerned pet parents, too. We'll continue to do everything we can to help you and your pet during this time.

Sincerely,

Debbie Gonzalez
Vice President, Brand and Customer Marketing

Please do not reply to this email as we are not able to respond to messages sent to this address. You can find answers to your questions or contact us through our Customer Service pages.

PetSmart, Inc., Attn: Customer Service, 1435 International Drive, Eau Claire, WI 54701.

© 2012 PetSmart Store Support Group, Inc./PetSmart, Inc. All rights reserved. PETSMART & Bouncing Ball Designs, PETSMART.COM, PETSMART CHARITIES, PETPERKS, PAWSPECTIVES & Designs are registered trademarks of PetSmart. PetSmart disclaims any proprietary interest in intellectual property

Status
Not open for further replies.