• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Superb Fairy Wren

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Thought I would share a few pics of today's backyard rescue who I only just got to before a hawk dived for him to make him a superb hawk lunch!
AA07A9A6-50D8-4C0E-9564-610B75EDF806.jpeg E4495385-4E72-4E4D-81AA-65D374DBB175.jpeg B8D74EBF-4A69-44C9-891F-638D2AEDFE66.jpeg 86217843-5DA4-412E-A973-B06D8BD0EEA1.jpeg E9B9B5CC-DFAC-4DDC-9ED5-14790A0C5A31.jpeg 25AADB45-88BC-4BBA-A813-C18E9FF22DBF.jpeg 27FF4AF3-EC07-4C1F-AA1A-C6FA9D29BF17.jpeg

He was a little shook up so I sat with him for about ten minutes till he felt he could take off..... the hawk circled and watched the whole time! They are so brave the hawks are!

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
He hassles Burt at the window every day (well he does not really hassle Burt, Burt just thinks the Wren is hassling him lol) but today he was fleeing from the hawk and fully smashed into the window and was knocked out for a bit. He is so lucky I was on my way out the door already or the hawk would have got to him before I did. He was very unhappy when he first woke up to find he was restrained in my hand but then he happily sat right next to me for a few more minutes while the hawk was still watching him finishing his recovery.

Lunar

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Serena
Aww he is so pretty I've never seen a bird that pretty in my life! :swoon: :heart:

He must be glad you saved him!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Wow, what a beautiful little guy!!! Stunning colours! He´s lucky you were on your way out and were able to scoop him up and keep him safe! :loveshower:

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He’s beautiful!! So glad you were there for him. I’ve done the same with a little birdy at work that also stunned himself. Takes a good while for them to recover their senses!

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
He IS superb! What a treat to get so close! I'm glad you thwarted the hawk's attempt at a free lunch.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
What a pretty shade of blue. I wish we could put up a place that these beauties can hide from a hawk.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
What a pretty shade of blue. I wish we could put up a place that these beauties can hide from a hawk.
We have lots of places for them to hide but they seem to like to check themselves out in mirrors and windows. He often hangs out under our verandah catching tiny bugs or hassling his own reflection. Once he got his bearings back he ran into some low bushes and believe it or not even though I knew where he was I couldn’t spot him.