• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Super skittish all of a sudden

SirTango

Moving in
So I've had Tango (gcc) for over four months now, and he has become fairly accustomed to the sights and sounds of my household's daily activities. However, for some reason, today he has been a flighty scared mess all day long and I'm not sure why. He is used to seeing things moved around because that happens all the time. There are no new animals or people around. No unusual noises. He is just scared. It's so frustrating to not know why he is taking flight in fear, and also having to retrieve him when he does it. My only idea is that maybe I'm putting off a different and unusual energy since I started working out again today. Is it possible that I am what is startling him?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Is there perhaps anything new happening out a window? Or is there a new object in your house like a new mug, a new knick knack, or are you wearing new nail polish, do you have a new ring tone, or a new anything? It seems unlikely that it would be because you worked out, but I guess it could be possible. I would really scrutinize everything else in your house.

msplantladi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I have been having the same issue w/ a macaw I have had about 2 months-after eliminating all possibilities we just have to let them work through it by providing the a comfortable reassuring environment. We all have our off days.

SirTango

Moving in
Could it be diet? I recently increased the number of NutriBerries I give him. He is also going through his teenage hormones, so that might have a role in his behavior. I will try avoiding the NutriBerries for a while and see what happens, if anything does.