• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Super aggressive

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Javi’s aggression is getting worse, but it’s concentrated on my husband. My husband can’t even stand to be in same room as Javi anymore it’s so bad. He gets on me and still bites sometimes, but he gets on my husband and instantly goes for his fingers or his ears. I’m not sure why.
Have you done any training yet ?

Is there anything noticeable that could be triggering the attacks on your husband ?

When Javi is biting are you removing him putting on a bird safe area and telling him no biting ?

If he wont step up or is to aggresive to then use a perch.

QB1rd

Jogging around the block
Have you done any training yet ?

Is there anything noticeable that could be triggering the attacks on your husband ?

When Javi is biting are you removing him putting on a bird safe area and telling him no biting ?

If he wont step up or is to aggresive to then use a perch.
Yes, we’re training everyday.

He’s really into my husband. When we’re both here he goes to him first. He usually goes direct to his hands and starts biting unless he hides his hands.

We put him on top of his cage or on top of a chair and tell him “no bite.” We have a large perch we’re using to move him back and forth. He steps up most of the time readily. If he doesn’t want to then I don’t push it.