• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Sun Conure Yeast Infection? Intraconazole Treatment?

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
You cannot use the PM function till you have more posts, 25 I believe it is.
Oh good to know!
Well then just make several replies her or elsewhere!

BluJay

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jay [he/him]
Thanks for the information. I though I was going really not understanding the interface. Also thanks for messaging me @Pixiebeak . I will get back to you as soon.

Much love around,
Jay

BluJay

Real Name
Jay [he/him]
Update on my guy. As I have the flu I am around him 24/7 which he adores. Not sure how much he is sleeping as I am doing the same. Lol. When I am awake he is getting into "trouble" such as taking his toys off the cage instead of destroying them. Guess he figures that is the most efficient way of dealing with them. He still likes to be below his radient heater. Also he is talking more and grinding his beak when he is happy. Still has some water in his poops, but they are getting better. Will keep you informed.

Jay

BluJay

Real Name
Jay [he/him]
Hey all,

My Buddy is acting better but still has water in his poop. Going to try to give him a drop of Greek yogurt (pure no sweetener, flavors, and so on). It has active cultures in it so im hoping it will replace what the antibiotics have destroyed. Have the flu so if I don't update for a bit this is why.

Thanks to all and @Pixiebeak

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Can you share a current poop picture?

He is eating better?
Love to hear increases activity sbd toy tossing! :D

Hope you feel better as well.

You might touch base with your veterinarian to let them know hasn't fully resolved if you've finished all the medicine prescribed.

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne

BluJay

Real Name
Jay [he/him]
Thank you for the information. Im sorry for your loss. I have Braggs Apple Cider at home. I don't think he has AGY, just a bacterial and yeast infection. He doesn't vomit and there are no traces of seed in poop. However what fights any yeast is good. He is very active and getting into conure trouble. His new antibiotic seems to be helping. I will give it time and watch it. Will post poop picks later. This tablet doest take photos. Thanks !

Jay

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Updates?
How's your guy doing?

BluJay

Real Name
Jay [he/him]
My Bud is stable. He is eating and drinking. Eating better than before. However is droppings are still similar to the second picture I posted. He is getting probiotics daily, especially about 45 minutes after the Baytril. He really resents the fact that he has been getting nasty tasting stuff for the past two week but I make up for that with head scritches.:) I have made some slight changes to his perches so things are easier to reach, which has helped. He also is doing more conure happy beak grinding so overall much improvement still not fully there yet. Also asking to step up now to have a bit of time out if his home.

Thanks everyone!