• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sun Conure Roll Call

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
Why is it that Suns like to hang upside down? I noticed that in the pet shop that all the suns (3) were hanging from the tops of their cages by one foot. I thot they were bats at first. LOLOL

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
I want to join too! :dance4:
Here's a couple shots of us bonding in the pet shop today. Seems that my baby wants to just cuddle. About 6 hours of snuggling and cuddling. I have a beard and Farlie loved to 'dig' into my neck under my brard.
The greatest thing in the world is that we get to do it all again tomorrow too. :hug8:

farlie1.jpg

farlie2.jpg

farlie3.jpg

Oh, forgot to add that Farlie's birthday is 4/22/18 and vaccinated 6/5/18 and 6/19/18 and from Florida.
:dance5: :)

Last edited:

Borxmomma

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jen
Abbott was just hanging out yesterday. Thinking on what he could chew up next lol. He walks upside down across the top of his cage like spiderman.

Attachments

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Abbott was just hanging out yesterday. Thinking on what he could chew up next lol. He walks upside down across the top of his cage like spiderman.
My little guy does the same and I have a curved/arched top. Funny, there's a perch that goes from one side to the other and it's shorter to walk it. Why climb up and over??? :laughing6:

EBP

Moving in
Hi! this is my 1st post, so I really don't know what I am doing! I will take the time to read all the info later.. but thought is would jump in & say HI! I have a 33 year old Sun Conure that I have had since March of 1984! He is getting old.. just in the last couple of months. He was doing great until I left for a week when my dad died.. & I'm concerned he will go down hill when I am gone again for a week in Sept. :'( He is my Sunshine! He still dances and acts so happy! ( not quite as much as 2 months ago! :() So anyone else have an old Sun?? He's probably like over 100 yrs. old if a person! :sun::heart: So I'll see how this works!
My sun conure turned 30 this year. We purchased Hen in 1988.

EBP

Moving in
I am sorry to hear that your father passed away. Our birds are our family too and seeing them age is difficult. This year, I changed Hen's cage. Her previous cage was large and roomy, but Hen was loosing her balance from time to time and was falling from the highest perches. I liken it to a person falling two or three stories. So I bought Hen a retirement home. It is longer and wider than it is high. There are several flexible rope perches that allow her to move around with ease. I removed the metal grate - always have- and put plenty of pine shavings on the floor. Hen loves to sleep inside of something, so I purchased a half log at the pet store. I found it in the reptile area. There are a few hanging toys as well. But most important is the flat heating pad, also found in the reptile area, that is outside and underneath her cage. She absolutely loves it, and I am assured she is warm and toasty! I agree with you, our birds are probably close to 100 or more human years. We have to take care of them in the same manner we would care for an elderly family member.

Shriya

Meeting neighbors
Hey I am new here.. I just brought my first bird home and the guy who sold it to me said that it's a Sun Conure. He is around 6 months old. Though now when I looked at it closely it looks like Jenday conure to me.. Really confused about this.. Can someone help me find out what he actually is? Posting a few pictures of him... Please help!
20181207_094152.jpg 20181207_093046.jpg 20181206_214742.jpg

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Last edited:

Shriya

Meeting neighbors
@Farlie : Hey thanks for sharing the information. Mine is definitely not a Sun Conure. And you have a pretty one!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
@Shriya I posted in your other thread. I'm with @Farlie ...s/he just isn't splotchy enough to be a baby sun in my opinion. But Jendays make lovely companions too.

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Papaya part of The Scream Team and my klutz bird :lol:this bright turd keeps me on my toes when it comes to safety.

20190109_174400.jpg 20190109_174148-1.jpg 20181230_201928.jpg 20181230_201649.jpg 20180424_110921-1-1.jpg 20180131_062523-1.jpg 20181011_111005_HDR.jpg
20181124_201637_HDR-1.jpg

Last edited: