• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sun Conure Hiding

Niko11

Moving in
Real Name
Nick Parais
I had a quick question.... I have a less than 2 year old sun conure, who has been an amazing friend to me so far. Since Sunday afternoon, he has started hiding in his little house inside his cage. This is very odd for him. His cage door is always open and he constantly has full access to the entire inside of the cage as well to the top play area of the cage. I’m used to seeing him move around, make noise, eat all day, and look for attention. (I say he, but could be a she). Is it possible it’s a she and is trying to lay an infertile egg? Is he sick? I’m very worried about him.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Any change in behavior is a cause for concern. When is the last time s/he had a checkup? If this were my sun conure, I'd be making a vet appointment first. Chya has a tendency to sleep a lot when sick. You can also tell if an egg is coming by knowing your birds weight. The larger the egg becomes, the heavier the bird will weigh.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Any change in behavior is a cause for concern. When is the last time s/he had a checkup? If this were my sun conure, I'd be making a vet appointment first. Chya has a tendency to sleep a lot when sick. You can also tell if an egg is coming by knowing your birds weight. The larger the egg becomes, the heavier the bird will weigh.
I agree.