• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sun conure help

Sabiha

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Sabiha
I have sun conure chick 5 days old.. unfortunately his parents doesn't feed him..so I feed him ..but today he did not poop and his coop is full.. please give suggestion of it..his neck is one side till today morning .

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
but today he did not poop and his coop is full
No pooping and crop not moving is crop stasis.

Take him to a vet to have his crop emptied. He will likely need medicine too.

To get to the vet, you must keep him incubated the whole way there. Put a digital thermometer inside a critter carrier (or a large plastic box with lid and holes poked in) and a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel underneath to heat it, with lots of shavings inside the carrier to insulate the chick.
Keep him in his incubator until the last moment you are leaving the house. Get the travel carrier set up without the chick inside, once the temperatures match, move him over.

Sabiha

Real Name
Sabiha
Now I face one more things today..My sun conure eat their baby chick in theirs eggs they break their egg and eat their chick one leg.. please tell me the reasons..

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Could be inexperience.

How many eggs do you have and how many chicks? Once the eggs hatch, move to an incubator for hand rearing and I would advise against allowing these birds to breed in the future (Remove any eggs laid).

Did you take the chick with the full crop to the vet?

Reactions: tka

Sabiha

Real Name
Sabiha
Now I don't have a eggs..because the first chick is dead before I take to vet..and second egg was broken when I saw it was empty I think they ate and the third one today we caught the male sun conure eating the chick's leg.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Well I´m very sorry your clutch was such a tragedy. When your hen lays in the future, boil the eggs, allow to cool and put them back under her to brood for a few weeks before removing them. These birds aren´t good as raising young, yes they may learn in time, but it´s not fair to bring any young into that situation without having enough experience and a good vet closeby to be able to save any that get into trouble.
Try not to be angry, upset or disappointed with your adult birds, they just don´t know, and that´s ok. You can still enjoy their company as companions without breeding :)