• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sun Conure’s Foot is Red?

Elyse

Moving in
Real Name
Elyse
3D249915-445F-4853-B044-B9D8611E11D5.jpeg hello! So lately (since yesterday) I have noticed my 5 month old sun conure Skylar’s one foot is red. It looks kind of irritated but I don’t know. He spends a lot of time on the sides of his cage. I believe this is because he is a baby and doesn’t quite grip the perch well yet. Anyway I was wondering if this had anything to do with it or if it might be something serious? Btw he doesn’t mind me holding him like I am in the picture.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Does his foot feel warmer than the other one when he perches on your hand? From the photo it's hard to tell which foot you're talking about. I'd also ask if all his perches are plain wood ones (dowel) that came with his cage or if he has different size perches like rope or branches?

Is he a sun or is he a cross like Sun and Jenday?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
What kind and sizes of perches are available? Any flat perches to give him a break from the side of the cage?

Elyse

Moving in
Real Name
Elyse
Does his foot feel warmer than the other one when he perches on your hand? From the photo it's hard to tell which foot you're talking about. I'd also ask if all his perches are plain wood ones (dowel) that came with his cage or if he has different size perches like rope or branches?

Is he a sun or is he a cross like Sun and Jenday?
The foot that is red is the left one. His foot doesn’t feel warmer. He has one dowel perch that has a perch cover on it that is like a way less harsh sand paper material. He also has one of those rope perches and a tree like perch. Also he is a full sun as it says on his dna report. Thanks for replying!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I would switch out for some rope perches for the time being; it looks inflamed to me.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
There are conditioning perches with a smooth stripe along the top for safety and comfort that still have the sandy feel on either side to help with your birds nails. Plus they're irregularly shaped to help exercise your fella's leg muscles. :)