• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Sultan did it again grrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

SultanMyM2

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
:mad: Ok His tail feathers were coming in nicely well the ding dong bit & broke a huge blood feather & it's bleeding again so I cleaned it up & packed it w/ corn starch .He destroyed his collar so what can I do to get him to stop picking at that darn tail .I keep it real moist hoping it doesn't itch when it gets dry.Looks like another sleepless night like when I got him home to watch him all night so he don't pick.Anyone have any suggestions? I was told water w/ a lil of Listerine cause they don't like the taste when they pick. Help me I want Sultans tail to be long & beautiful like I am sure it was when he was young..He just wont leave it alone & will pick a scab or feather till it bleeds.. Doesn't he feel it it must hurt ..:mad:All suggestions welcome & my vet is closed till Tuesday & the closest is in Mass 4 plus hours anyway doing 75 mph :hehe:

SultanMyM2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
Ginger thank you sooooo much .I am on my way to the Rx store to buy the supplys .I will post on how it works ..Again Thank you

SultanMyM2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
Well it's on him & he is ••••SSSSSSSSSSSSED He hates it & is not a happy boy .I feel so bad for him

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Can you take a photo. Make sure it's not too tight.

Ginger

SultanMyM2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
Can you take a photo. Make sure it's not too tight.

Ginger
Would love to but our dig cam broke & we are buying a new one this week Finally lol .No its not too tight I have huge hands & can fit my index finger in between his neck & collar & he can still grab it w/ his bottom beak & he is working on getting it off grrrrr

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Refresh my memory. Has Sultan seen a vet already and had a clean bill of health?

Parrotlove

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Barbie
Last edited:

SultanMyM2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
Refresh my memory. Has Sultan seen a vet already and had a clean bill of health?
Hi John yes as far as the vet said he was 100 % healthy just had an infection from plucking his tail feathers.The guy I got him from said he just started doing it but my vet said he had been doing it a long time from the looks of it.I was reading tonight he could have clamidia or something? Isnt that a std that humans get? lol Do you think there is something else maybe my vet didnt see?

SultanMyM2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
Well it has been a few days w/ the home made collar & it is working just not 100 % I still have to keep an eye on him he can still pick but not as good.This am I removed his collar & gave him a bath & will leave it off him till bed time tonight.He is getting used to it its for his own good I tell him lol.Well I will keep ya all updated as the days n weeks go by & hopefully he will be 100 % & have his tail back soon ....

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Ohh, I hope he can leave his tail alone enough so that it will grow back too :)

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am sorry Sultan is plucking again :(

SultanMyM2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
I am sorry Sultan is plucking again :(
Hon he never stopped .The day we got him his owner said he had just started doing it but l;ike my vet said he had been doing it a long time & will be hard to get him to stop .I will NOT give up so some day he will stop :)

Status
Not open for further replies.