• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sulphur crested 'too named george.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kali

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kelly
I am looking for some information on a bird i gave up about 3 1/2-4 years ago in Victoria, Australia.

His name is George, he’d be about 10 years old now. He is a BIG cockatoo compared to a lot of others i've seen. He says his name, though someone may have re-named him.

The feature that stands out the most in him is that he does multiple somersaults on his perch with his head turned to the side. He also has an extensive vocabulary and says 'shut up' when people are being loud.

I gave him up at a shop called Nunawading Birds and Pets and have been thinking about him for the past 3-4 years. I just want to know that he’s ok, I will not hassle the owner to give him to me or anything… I’m not a crazy person either, I just miss him.

If you have any information on where he might be, please ask the owners to contact me through this forum. Again, I just want to know that he’s ok and to give them my name in case they might need to re-home him in the future.

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Did you try contacting that pet store? They might still have records of whom they sold him to. Good luck on your search.

kali

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kelly
Due to privacy reasons they couldn't tell me. i'm going to work up the courage to go in there on the weekend and ask him if the person who bought him still comes in to the store and if so, could he give them my number or email address.

hotfoot jackson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sue
This is so sad Keli..I do hope you hear about your mate George. Fingers crossed. Have you thought about posting on other Aussie sites? I'll send a PM.

kali

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kelly
Any other sites people could cross post on would be great. or if you PM me them.

I've looked on youtube thinking there might be videos but i've looked on and off for the past couple of years and unless they've changed his name he's not on there.

He was so funny and so animated, i'm surprised no one's uploaded a video.

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Due to privacy reasons they couldn't tell me. i'm going to work up the courage to go in there on the weekend and ask him if the person who bought him still comes in to the store and if so, could he give them my number or email address.
That's good news! They have the information but just can't tell you. You can ask the store to forward an email or message to them, and hope that they choose to contact you. If you can become friends with that pet store, I bet they would try and help you that way.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I hope you find the person that's got him, Kelly! he sounds like an awesome 'too. :hug8:

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
I am sad for you and I hope you'll be able to find out how he is! :hug8:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award