• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Suggestions For New Bird Cage?

birdiecare

Meeting neighbors
I'm searching for a new birdcage since I feel the birds have outgrown the cage they have right now. For reference, it's for two budgies (housed together) and my price range is anywhere up to $200, if possible. I was looking at one on Amazon but the bar spacing is concerning for their size. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Flight cages are a great and economical option! I have two myself and love them.

There’s many available through Amazon but some obscure brands on there can be risky. Not all of them specify how their cages are coated or what metal is used and could pose a toxicity risk.

So for safety it’s better to stick with known brands who have been around a long time. Prevue Hendryx, A&E and HQ are three popular options, I’ll link a couple flight cages by them below - all of which have 1/2 bar spacing.

A&E
Prevue
HQ

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I personally have the prevue cage and I love it, its really nice and spacious and cheaper than other similar sized options, the bar spacing should be fine for budgies cuz ik alot of budgie owners who have it but be sure to double check

birdiecare

Meeting neighbors
Flight cages are a great and economical option! I have two myself and love them.

There’s many available through Amazon but some obscure brands on there can be risky. Not all of them specify how their cages are coated or what metal is used and could pose a toxicity risk.

So for safety it’s better to stick with known brands who have been around a long time. Prevue Hendryx, A&E and HQ are three popular options, I’ll link a couple flight cages by them below - all of which have 1/2 bar spacing.

A&E
Prevue
HQ
Thank you so much!! I think I'll invest in the Prevue Cage since it looks like it has more space. :D

birdiecare

Meeting neighbors
I personally have the prevue cage and I love it, its really nice and spacious and cheaper than other similar sized options, the bar spacing should be fine for budgies cuz ik alot of budgie owners who have it but be sure to double check
I think I'll invest in that one, your opinion helped tremendously thank you!!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@finchly

May have some advice w/ her ity bity's & years of bird experience.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
PRevue makes 2. There’s a large and an XL. Both are nice - yes I have 2 of each. :laugh:

You don’t strictly have to go that big, but if you’re looking they are nice cages. You can zip tie 2 of the XL together to make a 7 foot cage. You can’t do that with the large (Model F040) unless you can cut through the welding.