• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Suggestions for Blind Bird cage setup - pretty please :)

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Now that I know Kuiper really is blind, I want to make the cage he shares with Jelly and Juju as easy and fun for all of them as I can. He climbs to get around, so I have learned that I can’t hang toys against the sides of the cage.

What else can I do? I’m open to suggestions!

peachypjm

Strolling the yard
Now that I know Kuiper really is blind, I want to make the cage he shares with Jelly and Juju as easy and fun for all of them as I can. He climbs to get around, so I have learned that I can’t hang toys against the sides of the cage.

What else can I do? I’m open to suggestions!
I can't give you the best advice but I do know some shelf perches or platform perches would probably be needed!! @Mizzely any suggestions ?

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I can't give you the best advice but I do know some shelf perches or platform perches would probably be needed!! @Mizzely any suggestions ?
Yes I thought about that. I think I will definitely shop for one or more of those! Opie could use one in his cage, too.

peachypjm

Strolling the yard
Yes I thought about that. I think I will definitely shop for one or more of those! Opie could use one in his cage, too.
let me know if you need me to link any !! rope perches would be nice too, I get mine from JW Pet or Bonka Bird Toys !! They have some good ones on Amazon too !!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
This thread may help

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This thread may help

I did some searching earlier and didn’t see that for some reason. Thanks!!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
This may help;

There´s another thread by @hrafn but I will scan through and find the direct link to the posts with the setup because there´s some tragic and gruesome posts beforehand.
Some of the pictures are not working for some reason, but you can still see the videos

edit; oops, double posted that first link because it took me so long to find the second

MBBirdsNV

Moving in
Real Name
Kimberly Smith
Hi there! I have a lovebird who is blind. Dont know what caused it poor thing :-( he came to us that way. Anyways we did clip him because when he first came to us he had a 30x18x18 cage and he would sometimes have from what I interpret as him getting startled and everytime he will have short bursts and flew into all corners of the cage so we moved him one that was half that as He just sits on a perch and will chirp to the others most days and then take naps. Toys he didnt ever touch them. I suggest keeping him in the same cage which is what we did with him after moving from the big cage. Then also instead of adding toys I made edible additions like treat sticks, fruit kebobs etc. but not alot all at once he freaked out when we clipped a millet spray by his perch when he tried going to his water cup one day. Also we keep his food up from the floor. He ate more that way plus Im guessing just cause of instincts of being more vulnerable on the cage floor plus he uses his beak to feel for things and I didnt want him dragging his beak constantly over poo inbetween the bars on the cage floor and what not.