• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Suggestion: AA member write-ups?

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I had a thought earlier, and I am not sure whether it is possible/necessary but here goes:

How about a separate section for informative member writeups/articles on a topic? Something along the lines of "Educational End" or whatever name you can think of! My recent post about having a relationship with your untamed birds might be an example of a typical post.

The advantage of this is that it would help mods cut down on the amount of stickies/requests for stickies.

A possible approach would be to have a mod approval system, or perhaps only allow members of a certain number of years/posts make threads there (similar to the 911 forum). I think that would be help prevent the spread of false information, and repeated advice.

Apologies if this does already exist!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Educate Yourself ;)

The problem with stickies is, once there are so many, some get overlooked. Some were removed when we got the upgrade in November, and ones with broken links were all fixed. It´s easier to find things when the stickies list is not so long.

Have you seen the bookmark feature?

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Educate Yourself ;)

The problem with stickies is, once there are so many, some get overlooked. Some were removed when we got the upgrade in November, and ones with broken links were all fixed. It´s easier to find things when the stickies list is not so long.

Have you seen the bookmark feature?
Ah that's it! It does exist! I noticed that there are often requests for stickies but as you said, stickies are often overlooked. Plus I'm sure you guys don't want around 10 stickies and 3 normal posts :laughing2:

I was envisioning a kind of blog-like situation, but I'll have a look through the educate yourself thread.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I just want to add.... if you have some good info or links, most of the stickies are unlocked so you can add a post to them.
I know I recently said this to the member who wrote about new bird owners/Macaws, there was already a sticky they could have posted that write-up to (I don´t think they did in the end, not sure why). And I, Laurie and Andrea recently added some info to the Nursery forum stickies. We just posted at the end of existing stickied threads :)