• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Sudden change in baby cockatiel

melissajea

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
MJ
Hello, please forgive me if this is on the wrong thread, I am brand new to this site but really need help.

I have two baby cockatiels, just over 3 weeks old. The parents were having complications so I pulled them at 1 week and have been hand feeding them since, and all has been fine. They’ve been playful, noisy, hungry babies. Suddenly last night though the bigger one was shoving away his food, but I didn’t think anything of it because he was full. Suddenly he had a sneezing episode, sneezing around 20 times, before calming down. No gasping, choking, mouth breathing, or anything else odd. Suddenly he just became really quiet and making little “cricket” noises and purring, not his usual obnoxious, loud, rambunctious self. I didn’t think too much of it so I put them to bed then woke up for feeding, he had pooped a lot, but was not interested in eating. He is usually losing his mind he’s so eager to eat. He’s just sleeping next to his brother, occasionally will let out a little hiss (like usual), pooping, walking, but has gone very quiet and occasionally has sneezing attacks. I am worried sick, these birds have become my whole life. What do I do? It’s sunday so the vets aren’t open around me.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Time to take them both avian vet. We can only tell you best advice see a avian as soon as possible.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Have you checked for any emergency clinics?

Until tomorrow, be sure your temp and humidity in the brooder and holding steady and not changing, and try feeding again in a little while (I´m assuming the crop is empty?).