• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sudden aggression

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Hi all,

Since Iris' vet ordeals, she's definitely had a different overall attitude and behaviour. She's become noticeably more playful, and she's been waiting at the door to be let out rather than waiting for us to clear the area.

Last night, whilst I was covering her cage for the night (something she has never really liked happen) she flew at the bars where I was shouting and squarking, and almost certainly trying to bite. This morning, she was ready to be let out again as usual, and I moved over towards the sofa as normal. She flew over before I got there and was never going to let me sit down. I've seen this behaviour before, but only when you're really close. We're forbidden from the sofa as I write this!

I suspect this is territory related? How can I calm her down?

Thanks,
Ali

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Quick thought:
She's been sharing her room with other birds recently, so could that be a trigger? It would seem odd that it has taken 3 weeks though...

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Could it be because summer and warmer weather/more rain is coming around so she’s getting more hormonal and thus more territorial?

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
:bump7: