• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sudden aggression of my 5.5 year old Cockateil

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
See my post :) I'm aussie!
Yeah I kinda guessed given the stores you said you shop at. ;)
Im happy to buy pellets from the big chain stores but that’s about it. :)

Katcat

Sitting on the front steps
Yeah I kinda guessed given the stores you said you shop at. ;)
Im happy to buy pellets from the big chain stores but that’s about it. :)
Yeah I understand :) I mostly buy from those as the major chains are just craptastic and I too have bought food and toys that are dangerous for my Lorrie

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Yeah I understand :) I mostly buy from those as the major chains are just craptastic and I too have bought food and toys that are dangerous for my Lorrie
Are you meaning you’ve bought dangerous toys from the stores you posted? Those are the ones I avoid buying toys from- food is sealed so I will buy my preferred foods from them if the other store I prefer is out.
The stores you listed may all have put more effort into sourcing safe decent toys by now but I’m not sure as I don’t check anymore.
I bought over $100 worth of toys from one of them places nearly two years ago and a few were broken before I opened the parcel, a few I took apart and removed and added then redid them completely to make them safe and a few just went straight in the bin when I saw they were most likely not even safe materials. I have actually contacted all three of them (and more) in the past regarding their encouraging, normalisation and promoting of sloppy, poor and dangerous bird keeping just by offering obviously dangerous toys and way too small cages etc- people often do not know any better and think that because it’s sold at a store for animals it’s good. I’m constantly amazed how many people think getting advice from a pet store employee is just as trustworthy as getting advice from a vet or long term bird crazy keeper. The store res I contacted all asked for examples of my concerns which I gave and I did notice that some changes had been made but I have not checked back for well over a year.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Wow!! I just checked one of them stores who seems to have completely changed their toy supplier and whole toy range! Very good to see :) Much better and safer looking toys there now.... not sure where they’re made though- I didn’t check that far. One of my biggest issues with a lot of the toys was where they were made and the materials used.

bentleyesghost

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
David
If he is rubbing his hind section back and forth on something, it is probably, how to put it delicately, sexual self stimulation.